Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Wilder-Breland Split, Loma vs. Lopez, Ali, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Wilder-Breland Split, Loma vs. Lopez, Ali, More

The Daily Bread Mailbag returns with Stephen "Breadman" Edwards tackling topics such as Deontay Wilder's split trainer Mark Breland, the upcoming fight between Vasiliy Lomachenko and Teofimo Lopez, Muhammad Ali, and more.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I think Wilder letting Breeland go was a good thing, forget the whole towel issue, Wilder needs a trainer not only to correct his balance and boxing ability but someone who's going to teach him how to fight on the inside. Wilder obviously has flaws but not knowing how to fight on the inside is the biggest one. Sugar Hill made sure Fury improved his inside fighting in his last fight with Wilder and it paid off big time, you saw Fury pushing Wilder back and going to the body when he had Wilder on the ropes. The inside game is what's going to propel Wilder to another level so he could deal with fighters up close in my opinion.

Comment

This bag was garbage

Comment

Wilder can't listen that's why he never made much improvement. He has a low IQ. Bamas are naturally very strong and everyone knows that. Some Bamas are also very smart. Wilder has the strong trait. That is a fact. But he's not a smart Bama. His ego is what holds back his learning. He's not humble, he's very arrogant. So he discards lessons and keeps banking on power, power, power. That's where his brain stays stuck. On power. To hell with a useful jab. To hell with setting up shots. To hell with thinking. All I gotta do is hit em one good time and it's over.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
          Wilder can't listen that's why he never made much improvement. He has a low IQ. Bamas are naturally very strong and everyone knows that. Some Bamas are also very smart. Wilder has the strong trait. That is a fact. But he's not a smart Bama. His ego is what holds back his learning. He's not humble, he's very arrogant. So he discards lessons and keeps banking on power, power, power. That's where his brain stays stuck. On power. To hell with a useful jab. To hell with setting up shots. To hell with thinking. All I gotta do is hit em one good time and it's over.
          War Eagle. Thats Auburn Alabama, my past experience with Bama. Alabama has some of the smartest people in the world there.
          Bama strong is Wilder. He does rely on power 99.9% of the time. I disagree with tou about his humility part. Its his boxing persona that inflates his ego for the cameras.
          I think hes just a southern man that loves life and flips a switch on when it comes to talking about or actually boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
            Bro... Your theories are silly, wreckless and without credible foundation. No one knows this stuff because it is in your head. If this “Bama,” dna science we’re true, after reading this I would have to ask are you also a Bama? And you must be the strong kind as opposed to...
            Last edited by Fire4231; 10-10-2020, 01:32 PM.

Comment

Great mail bag as usual Bread. Can’t wait to see Loma and Teo square off. Great rewards for either fighter if they win. Just can’t believe Loma can go twelve with getting shook by one of Teophemo’s bombs. It’s a different fight if his balance is threatened. The kid has great timing. Loma’s chin will be tested. Teo’s composure could be his biggest question mark. Will he just get frustrated early? Either way the fans can’t look away from this one.

Comment

interesting take on the Breland situation, I have to agree with his points, I also wish them both success without each other.

Comment

why not fire Deas too?

Wilder needs to hook up with Reynoso.

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
                    why not fire Deas too?
                    A good question. Breland at least brought an extensive amateur background and pro career to the table.

What does Jay Deas bring?

On a different topic...I like the idea of annuities for fighters. If they do that correctly they can have good money coming in after their careers are over.

Comment

Working...
                    X