No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jermell Charlo-Jeison Rosario - Official Scorecards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
    Is he wrong though? Rosario is a good fighter but we have to evaluate guys, ***** and all. Some people give no credit, some people too much credit. And then some of us evaluate without emotion. It was a really good win for Jermell but saying his opposition level at 154 has been elite is a stretch. Couple that with the Harrison first fight and I think evaluating him as an exciting but still TBD level of boxer is accurate.

I would love to see him in with Lara still. I don't know if he would win 2 rounds.
    I smell an anti Charlo agenda........

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
      So, he unifies 154, beats Harrison #7 Ring, #3 WBC, Cota #8 WBA, Lubin #8 Ring, #1 WBC, #4 WBA, beats Rosario whose opposition’s combined record of last 6 fights was 125-8 and he isn’t facing elite opposition? Screw facing Lara. I’d rather see him in with Teixeira to get that last strap (WBO). If he runs the table on getting that last strap would he then be elite?
      harrison was only ranked based on winning the first charlo fight, and cota was ranked number 8 in the wba...are you really using wba rankings to try and show level of competition? his resume isnt that good but its also not complete trash like tank davis either. rosario was a pretty easy takedown base on his total career. if you just look at his last fight yeah it looks like a very nice win but one fight is just one fight. trends are more important and rosario has never shown himself to be a top notch fighter besides against williams and williams was himself always suspect since he was demolished by rosario and charlo, and looked very poor against ishe smith. he himself only has one shining moment against hurd so theres more suspect fights than great performances. same with rosario.
      Last edited by daggum; 09-27-2020, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
        i smell.........thats all

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
          So, he unifies 154, beats Harrison #7 Ring, #3 WBC, Cota #8 WBA, Lubin #8 Ring, #1 WBC, #4 WBA, beats Rosario whose opposition’s combined record of last 6 fights was 125-8 and he isn’t facing elite opposition? Screw facing Lara. I’d rather see him in with Teixeira to get that last strap (WBO). If he runs the table on getting that last strap would he then be elite?
          Besides the first fight with Harrison, he is doing all he can man. I'm not hating on him. I just think objectively right now 154 is pretty weak. The best guys a few years ago either all moved up (Canelo, Andrade, his brother, Hurd) or got old (Lara).

It is fair to point out too that Rosario got KOed by Gallimore, had a SD with Cota, and drew with some other guy I've never heard of. As the one guy said, I think it was just his night against J Rock who is just a weird fighter to rate as well. Sometimes he looks great, but sometimes he looks really brittle.

I just don't think Jermell has looked that exceptional boxing-wise in most of his fights. He is really explosive though which is a great equalizer. I just think the first guy that can box and take a shot is going to beat him pretty easily. I just don't know if that guy exists right now at 154. JRock and Harrison can box but can't take a punch. Rosario is kind of in between on both. Hurd can take a shot but can't really box that well.

Again he is doing most everything he can. I just think 154 is pretty weak. After he does whatever he wants to at 154, I think 160 and above are where he can really make a name for himself if he is as good as you seem to believe. There are some quality opponents there to where if he wins those he will have to get some more credit.

Comment

You guys have to be getting paid to be overhyping the twins so much after last night. I would have been shocked if Charlo didn't beat Rosario. And Jermall fought a good fight which I was expecting. But it is fair to point out that 154 is pretty weak right now, especially who Jermell has faced.

I actually like both Charlos as fighters. Maybe that's why I am not fawning over an expected KO over a guy who got KOed by Gallimore and had a SD with Cota. And why I'm not fawning over Jermall's solid but not spectacular performance. If what they did last night was excellence, you need to study boxing a lot more.

The burden of low expectations for you, I suppose.

Comment

You guys have to be getting paid to be overhyping the twins so much after last night. I would have been shocked if Charlo didn't beat Rosario. And Jermall fought a good fight which I was expecting. But it is fair to point out that 154 is pretty weak right now, especially who Jermell has faced.

I actually like both Charlos as fighters. Maybe that's why I am not fawning over an expected KO over a guy who got KOed by Gallimore and had a SD with Cota. And why I'm not fawning over Jermall's solid but not spectacular performance. If what they did last night was excellence, you need to study boxing a lot more.

The burden of low expectations for you, I suppose.
              Dude, you were posting that the scorecards were fixed before you even watched the fight.

No one without an agenda scored this as anything other than a wide Charlo win.

Judging from this post and many others in the last 24hrs, you have a serious anti Charlo agenda.

Comment

Dude, you were posting that the scorecards were fixed before you even watched the fight.

No one without an agenda scored this as anything other than a wide Charlo win.

Judging from this post and many others in the last 24hrs, you have a serious anti Charlo agenda.
                You're really not very smart man

Comment

You're really not very smart man
                  You (who scored last nights fight for Derv) should never under any circumstances EVER say anyone else isn't smart.

Comment

You (who scored last nights fight for Derv) should never under any circumstances EVER say anyone else isn't smart.
                    You sound like you're about to cry or something dude. You're like a woman lol

Comment

You sound like you're about to cry or something dude. You're like a woman lol
                      So what's the basis for your anti Charlo agenda? Racism? Anti PBC? Pro ggg? What?

Comment

Working...
                      X