No announcement yet.

Jack Culcay did better vs Sergei than Charlo Jacobs and GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jack Culcay did better vs Sergei than Charlo Jacobs and GGG

No sh.it...he really did. Maybe that wasn't that bad of a performance for Andrade.

I have no idea what some of y'all were watching tonight in giving Charlo all those rounds. Like where was he scoring? Where was the scoring jab? I didn't see any of that.

He was in the fight though and it was definitely close. If someone shaded him 7 rounds I wouldn't be mad at them but I think Sergei pretty clearly took the last 3 rounds and I think it was 4-4 through 8. No idea how y'all gave Charlo so many rounds/points/so much credit.

To be fair, Charlo showed enough tonight though. He is tough and can hang with anyone at 160. He is an interesting prospect against Canelo GGG or Jacobs and all of those fights would be exciting. GGG or Jacobs probably his best bet to catch them with something and hurt them and win.

But I was not seeing some great scoring jab like others apparently were. And I was hoping his power would be a bit more devastating. That was always why I gave him a good chance vs an aging, never hard to hit, GGG. Honestly now though I am a little less hopeful of his chances there.

I would actually like to see Charlo-Andrade though. Andrade would make that fight awkward as hell and would seemingly win almost every second of it but Charlo has a good chance to catch him with something and hurt him.

It is pro boxing. Slow starters usually don`t get a decision. And the face of Derevyanchenko tells the story of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
      It is pro boxing. Slow starters usually don`t get a decision. And the face of Derevyanchenko tells the story of the fight.
      But how could anyone give Charlo the 1st round for example? He hardly landed a punch and Sergei landed at least a few.

A busted face does help to get a round or two, but that's not really how you score a fight.

Comment

https://www.boxingscene.com/scorecar...yanchenko--444

How does someone give Charlo the 1st, 11th and 12th rounds. Like what world is that

Comment

Naa Culcay didn't do better. Culcay was robbed of a KD iirc watching that fight the other day, in preparation for this one. & Andrade was sick outside the country against him. I think as someone else said on YouTube Charlo did better offensively than anybody else Sergiy faced. That I agree with. I had it 7-5 Charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
            Naa Culcay didn't do better. Culcay was robbed of a KD iirc watching that fight the other day, in preparation for this one. & Andrade was sick outside the country against him. I think as someone else said on YouTube Charlo did better offensively than anybody else Sergiy faced. That I agree with. I had it 7-5 Charlo.
            Man I just didn't see a ton land from Charlo when he threw. I feel like a lot of people are maybe giving him credit for every time he throws a punch or something but often times he didn't land.

It was a good fight though and I think no less of Charlo. He is who I thought he was and would have a (legit) chance vs anyone at or around 160 because of his athleticism and explosiveness. But I did not see some scoring masterpiece from him tonight. I thought Derevy deserved it and took it to him at the end of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by MPDKSAB View Post
              I thought Culcay legit clearly beat SD. GGG I had it 6-6 and 7-5 on rewatch, but live I felt Sergei was the better man and was unfortunate to not have a pretty clear W (if he just did a bit more in some rounds/didn't get KOed in rd 1/cut in round 2).

Haven't watched the whole Jacobs fight but I felt Sergei was the better man tonight

Comment

Yeah Culcay did so well he clearly lost....

Jacobs won close but clean, and Charlo won very convincingly/decisively.

GGG on the other hand, received a gift decision. That fight wasn't even that close tbh, Derevychenko clearly won 8 rounds.

Comment

well GGG lost, but the others won close but clear.

its obvious why GGG ducked Derev, he would have cost him his canelo cheque. GGG knows that half the time he fights top contenders he gets beat.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing-1013 View Post
                    No sh.it...he really did. Maybe that wasn't that bad of a performance for Andrade.

I have no idea what some of y'all were watching tonight in giving Charlo all those rounds. Like where was he scoring? Where was the scoring jab? I didn't see any of that.

He was in the fight though and it was definitely close. If someone shaded him 7 rounds I wouldn't be mad at them but I think Sergei pretty clearly took the last 3 rounds and I think it was 4-4 through 8. No idea how y'all gave Charlo so many rounds/points/so much credit.

To be fair, Charlo showed enough tonight though. He is tough and can hang with anyone at 160. He is an interesting prospect against Canelo GGG or Jacobs and all of those fights would be exciting. GGG or Jacobs probably his best bet to catch them with something and hurt them and win.

But I was not seeing some great scoring jab like others apparently were. And I was hoping his power would be a bit more devastating. That was always why I gave him a good chance vs an aging, never hard to hit, GGG. Honestly now though I am a little less hopeful of his chances there.

I would actually like to see Charlo-Andrade though. Andrade would make that fight awkward as hell and would seemingly win almost every second of it but Charlo has a good chance to catch him with something and hurt him.
                    I doubt Canelo will ever fight Jermall because Jermall is so good and young. One thing for sure is Canelo won't fight anyone at 160. He is completely done with 160 and will fight at 168 from now on. Every fight team Canelo was considering was at 168 and no fight at 160 was ever even talked about. He cannot comfortably make 160 anymore.I thought Jermall clearly beat Dervy and by more than anyone else beat him. Dervy beat Culcay. i think Jermall vs Canelo or GGG are close fights but I think he could beat Andrade.

Comment

Working...
                    X