Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jeff Horn Being Pressured Into Retirement Following Loss To Tszyu

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unless your body is literally broken or your heart isn't in it, or you are satisfied with your wealth and have zero hunger and desire, you shouldn't retire from any profession on earth at 32.

Comment

Originally posted by TheReadyTimeBoy View Post
      His trainer made him sign a lifetime contract with him 😂 no I'm not joking.

Horn is done. He's financially secure unless he's been a complete dumb azz with his money. He's easily taken home $2-3 million plus all up for the last few fights. Time to find something else to do and enjoy life after boxing.

He's putting his health in serious, serious jeopardy if he decides to keep fighting. He's guaranteed to have a degree of brain damage by this point, and apparently already suffers memory loss. Continuing to fight would just be ****ing stupid as hell, especially considering his trainer has such a reckless disregard for his health.
      If your in the Australian boxing scene what’s up with Micheal Katsidis?

I heard he was a addict and was caught robbing years ago? He fought everybody at lightweight and I hope he’s not ruined?

Comment

His trainer made him sign a lifetime contract with him 😂 no I'm not joking.

Horn is done. He's financially secure unless he's been a complete dumb azz with his money. He's easily taken home $2-3 million plus all up for the last few fights. Time to find something else to do and enjoy life after boxing.

He's putting his health in serious, serious jeopardy if he decides to keep fighting. He's guaranteed to have a degree of brain damage by this point, and apparently already suffers memory loss. Continuing to fight would just be ****ing stupid as hell, especially considering his trainer has such a reckless disregard for his health.
        Lifetime contract's fine. Doesn't mean that he can't train on the side with someone else and then just ignore Rushton's instructions. That's what Eubank Jr. is doing

Comment

Originally posted by PRchamp View Post
          If your in the Australian boxing scene what’s up with Micheal Katsidis?

I heard he was a addict and was caught robbing years ago? He fought everybody at lightweight and I hope he’s not ruined?
          I live in the US but have lived in Australia in the past, and know many people in boxing circles there.

Yes Katsidis had serious drug problems, meth i think. He's still alive, lol, but last time i heard him interviewed he sounded pretty bad. Whether its mainly from the drugs or the punches I'm not sure, probably both tbh.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
            Lifetime contract's fine. Doesn't mean that he can't train on the side with someone else and then just ignore Rushton's instructions. That's what Eubank Jr. is doing
            Pretty sure that would lead to him being sued. Rushton is a wealthy man and business savvy. I'm sure the contract is water tight.

Comment

I honestly don't want him to retire.

I just need to see more him getting his a.ss tossed around like that.
              It's just so satisfying to watch and to listen to his woman voice after getting pummeled.

Comment

I live in the US but have lived in Australia in the past, and know many people in boxing circles there.

Yes Katsidis had serious drug problems, meth i think. He's still alive, lol, but last time i heard him interviewed he sounded pretty bad. Whether its mainly from the drugs or the punches I'm not sure, probably both tbh.
                Dam that’s sad man. He was in a lot of good fights but I think he took too much damage from the wars he was in.

Comment

Pretty sure that would lead to him being sued. Rushton is a wealthy man and business savvy. I'm sure the contract is water tight.
                  Sued for what?

There's no contract written that can prohibit one man from talking to another man.

At best Rushton has to stay "head" trainer. Horn can train with whoever he wants off the books.

If I were Horn, I'd call up Jeff Fenech for secret training.

Comment

Originally posted by RGJTMMRDCMJRJSM View Post
                    I honestly don't want him to retire.

I just need to see more him getting his a.ss tossed around like that.
                    It's just so satisfying to watch and to listen to his woman voice after getting pummeled.
                    I agree its hilarious to see! move horn up and feed him to GGG!

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Sued for what?

There's no contract written that can prohibit one man from talking to another man.

At best Rushton has to stay "head" trainer. Horn can train with whoever he wants off the books.

If I were Horn, I'd call up Jeff Fenech for secret training.
                      Horn is an example of 'what might have been', the right trainer is crucial, for a start jabbing with his head shows that Horn has not been sensibly trained.

Comment

Working...
                      X