Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: My Experience, Skill Set Will Be Too Much For Charlo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Derevyanchenko: My Experience, Skill Set Will Be Too Much For Charlo

Sergiy Derevyanchenko is determined to make it third time lucky, as he prepares himself for his Showtime Pay-Per-View clash with WBC world middleweight champion Jermall Charlo on September 26.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Remind me again how exactly Charlo became the WBC champion lol? I guess Canelo is too much of a celebrity to fight for his own belts these days?

Comment

Originally posted by sidefx996 View Post
      Remind me again how exactly Charlo became the WBC champion lol? I guess Canelo is too much of a celebrity to fight for his own belts these days?
      it was mainly the wbcs doing. They were scared that Canelo would throw a fit again if they tried to enforce a mandatory that he didn't want to fight, just like he did with ggg a few yrs ago. Hence came the brilliant birth child of the franchise title. A make believe belt that can't be lost... Unless you're Lomanchenko because apparently he could lose his to Lopez as per the wbc, but Canelo can hold his franchise title until infinity regardless of opposition faced or losses.

Comment

I hope he beats charlo just to shake things up plus he's earned it after those 2 close title fights with Jacobs and ggg

Comment

I'm not real big on Charlo but this may be his coming out fight as a real threat in the division. Dervy ain't no slouch.

Comment

This is a very dangerous fight for Jermall. If he is too complacent and overconfident against Derevyanchenko he could very well find himself climbing off the canvas.

Comment

Indeed, the fights with GOlovkin, Johnson, Culcay, Jacobs, Derevyachenko is actually MUCH MORE experienced in the world level than Jermall Charlo atm.

Comment

This is a great match-up, and way overdue! Dervy is a real threat! Salute to Havoc! Jermall better be on his A-game!

Comment

Proper test this for Charlo. Looking forward to this match-up, longtime coming too!

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1979 View Post
                    Proper test this for Charlo. Looking forward to this match-up, longtime coming too!
                    Very much so. We're going to learn a lot.

Comment

Working...
                    X