Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Warren: If We Were Worried About Pfeifer, Why Make Fight In First Place?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Warren: If We Were Worried About Pfeifer, Why Make Fight In First Place?

As Daniel Dubois looks to move forward with his career, his team had to take a moment to revisit the recent past. The unbeaten heavyweight from London remains on course for a stay busy fight on August 29, though he had to endure a change of opponents along the way. Dubois (14-0, 13KOs) will now face The Netherlands Ricardo Snijders (18-1, 8KOs), a late replacement for Germany's Erik Pfeifer who was pulled from the show.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Lots of hype around this guy but every fight is a last minute replacement or unable to provide any kind of test. Can’t see the Joyce fight coming off either. Going nowhere fast!

Comment

Behind the scenes it is said they didn't do their homework, thought this Erik Pfeifer was just a Continental pushover who'd been fighting tomato cans. Shocking really from "Queensbury Promotions", but they definitely pulled the switcheroo when someone decided Pfeifer was too dangerous an opponent. Daniel Dubois stated in an interview 3 days ago they were going to change the opponent, long before all this "medical" nonsense came about. A joke.

Timestamped the video for when Dubois says "there's talk of a different opponent than Pfeifer", this was filmed on Tuesday.

Comment

To make a long story short. Why Fujimoto?

Comment

If Snijders was just the backup option they had plenty of time to wait for medical forms to arrive, if they turned up on fight day and he was clear of covid the fight could still happen.....Frank had this planned all along as there have been no other backups on his recent cards

Comment

Way to promote a fight, guess I can appreciate the honesty though.

Comment

I think Warren listened to the Joyce interview where he stated he sparred Pfiefer who gave him good work and was surprised Warren took that fight . Warren picking Pfiefer would have no barring on pulling out because he could do that,I think he is playing it really safe since Joyce’s comments . I believe it was somewhat in the back plan if they felt a minor threat .

Comment

I watched some video of Pfeifer and it was hard to really gauge because most of the hilights were against fighters not really throwing back. He appeared to throw alot of punches in combinations and worked quite a bit on the inside. Snijders definitely seems several steps down. Saw his fight against Djeko and the defense is leaky and he throws mostly looping arm punches.

The whole thing seems shady, definitely seems like Warren intentionally went with the inferior fighter because he didn't want the risk, however small, of losing the Joyce clash.

Comment

What if all this back fires �� and he looses, anyone remember braids Prescott ��*♀️

Comment

Working...
                  X