No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Shocks Jono Carroll, Wins Close Decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Shocks Jono Carroll, Wins Close Decision

Midweek boxing comes to ESPN+ this Wednesday with the return of former world title challenger Jono Carroll, who will face off against veteran Maxi Hughes in the 10-round lightweight main event.

The closed-door #MTKFightNight event will take place at Production Park Studios in Wakefield, England, and will stream live beginning at 2 p.m. ET/11 a.m. PT.

Carroll (18-1-1, 4 KOs), from Dublin, lost a unanimous decision to Tevin Farmer for the IBF junior lightweight world title in March 2019, but he’s since won two consecutive bouts. The southpaw pressure fighter kicked off his 2020 campaign in March with a knockout over former world champion Scott Quigg in Manchester, England. The result sent Quigg into retirement and re-inserted Carroll into the world title picture. Hughes (20-5-2, 4 KOs) is a two-time British title challenger who is best known to UK fight fans for his action-packed trilogy against Martin Joseph Ward. He is 3-2 in his last five bouts, including a decision loss to former world title challenger Liam Walsh last November.

Hoping for some good scraps.

Comment

I came here for a boxing match....and a FIGHT broke out!!!

Comment

Jono with those lightning fast combos, look out!

Comment

I liked the million punches comment

Comment

i cant stand these boxers like carroll, leo santa cruz & warrington. u know nearly every fight is going to a decision with a 1000 arm punches thrown.

Comment

Good scrap, can't score it since I missed like 4 rounds due to technical difficulties, but appreciate the love boxing mid day PST, for sure.

Comment

the beardy prick lost

Comment

Comments Thread For: Maxi Hughes Shocks Jono Carroll, Wins Close Decision

Jono Carroll was not at his best in his latest fight and it cost him dearly. The former title challenger from Dublin landed on the wrong end of one of the biggest upsets of 2020, as he fell prey to Maxi Hughes over 10 rounds Wednesday evening on ESPN+ and BT Sport live from Production Park Studios in South Kirkby, England.
                  [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Haha scrub..

Comment

Working...
                    X