Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Benavidez: Fight With Berlanga Can Be Great Rivalry Down The Line

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Comments Thread For: Benavidez: Fight With Berlanga Can Be Great Rivalry Down The Line

    Edgar Berlanga isn't quite yet on the contender level, although he already has the attention of at least one super middleweight. Unbeaten 168-pound titlist David Benavidez was among the interested observers who witnessed the 23-year old Nuyorican extend his streak to 14 1st round knockouts in as many pro fights. Berlanga needed just 62 seconds to record the latest hit, tearing through Eric Moon in their ESPN-televised super middleweight affair last month at MGM Grand Conference Center in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

  • #2
    In a few yrs the 168 lbs division will be scary and deep with talent such as:
    David Benavidez(23)
    Jaime Munguia(23)
    David Morrell(22)
    Bektemier Melikuziev(24)
    Edgar Berlanga(23)
    Erik Bazinyan(25)
    Alexis Espino(20)
    David Pacheco(19)
    Last edited by Eastlos; 08-11-2020, 08:45 AM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
      In a few yrs the 168 lbs division will be scary and deep with talent such as:
      David Benavidez(23)
      Jaime Munguia(23)
      David Morrell(22)
      Bektemier Melikuziev(24)
      Edgar Berlanga(23)
      Erik Bazinyan(25)
      Alexis Espino(20)
      David Pacheco(19)
      Decent list but I dont see the hype in Munguia. He is a tough fighter with pop but nothing real exceptional. He says he is willing to fight the best but who has he really fought?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Get em up View Post
        Decent list but I dont see the hype in Munguia. He is a tough fighter with pop but nothing real exceptional. He says he is willing to fight the best but who has he really fought?
        Man Benavidez could make some money with Zurdo, Canelo, Munguia, Plant, and Berlanga.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
          In a few yrs the 168 lbs division will be scary and deep with talent such as:
          David Benavidez(23)
          Jaime Munguia(23)
          David Morrell(22)
          Bektemier Melikuziev(24)
          Edgar Berlanga(23)
          Erik Bazinyan(25)
          Alexis Espino(20)
          David Pacheco(19)
          Nobody mentions Ali Akhmedov from GGG promotions, wonder why

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Eastlos View Post
            In a few yrs the 168 lbs division will be scary and deep with talent such as:
            David Benavidez(23)
            Jaime Munguia(23)
            David Morrell(22)
            Bektemier Melikuziev(24)
            Edgar Berlanga(23)
            Erik Bazinyan(25)
            Alexis Espino(20)
            David Pacheco(19)
            There's a lot of promising fighters in that list, 168 will probably be the deepest division in boxing in a few years.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
              Man Benavidez could make some money with Zurdo, Canelo, Munguia, Plant, and Berlanga.
              The Plant fight is the one I wanna see. Being as I'm less than an hour away from Plants hometown I'm a fan based on that among other things and honestly think it's a good fight even though I give the edge to Benavidez. The other fights would be fun to watch as well.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Get em up View Post
                The Plant fight is the one I wanna see. Being as I'm less than an hour away from Plants hometown I'm a fan based on that among other things and honestly think it's a good fight even though I give the edge to Benavidez. The other fights would be fun to watch as well.
                yeah they would.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Yeah that 168 Division is stacked! Could be the best Division in boxing very soon

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    When benavidez says he wants to fight the best, I believe him. I don't see him as the type to minimize risk and since there's a lot of good young talent in and around his weight class, he'll probably be involved in some good fights vs other top guys and not washed up or past prime names.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X
                    TOP