Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Permanently Removes Malignaggi From Broadcasting Team Over IFL TV Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    Who writes these articles and leaves out the main story?

Do people get paid to write these?
    The video was private when I checked earlier and then it wasn't private. And now IFL has once again set it to private.

IFL playing games I guess to screw around with people looking to transcribe the quotes. Possibly afraid Paulie might sue them.

Comment

If you're a straight white male say goodbye to freedom of speech. WHAT A JOKEEEE .

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        In reference to Devin Haney, he said he didn't want to get into racial commentary, but then said:

"I don't know if Devin got the memo, but its no longer the time of the African American anymore in boxing. It's the Eastern European that has become the dominant species in boxing."

Later suggested that Haney's promoter was afraid of him losing to a white fighter, and that he believed racial oppression doesn't exist in 2020 and that it's all made up.
        ————-
        That’s what Paulie said???
        He got fired for that?? There’s gotta be more, no?

Paulie is a great analyst. I don’t think he’ll lack a job.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
          Not to excuse Paulie but that IFL dork of a reporter led him down that path

He knew what the fck he was doing.

Dork motherfcker.
          Eh. They all do that. Hell that's the job to get someone to say something crazy enough to go viral. Sadly for this ifl guy he had 16k hits on that video from months ago today after this news & I'm seeing a bunch of cats talking about watching it cuz Paulie got fired over it. So it probably went up 25%+ today & it's still not very viral.

That said as the interviewee you gotta know that sometimes these news of the day things can be a slippery slope so you gotta watch your step. And you also gotta know when to take an L & apologize if you said something controversial enough to get your employer to take notice & have your job on the line. Maybe Paulie was tired of the gig, of Showtime or gots another gig he wanted to get into doe so didn't give enough of a fook. Who knows.

Comment

Paulie's got some businesses set up around NYC, he's good with or without this gig. Will suck losing his commentary though. He catches the little subtleties that escape the regular announcers.

Comment

I don't know if I missed something, but what Paulie said wasn't really that bad.

All he said was that different ethnic groups dominate boxing at different times and he just said that ***s, Italians, Irish, and African-Americans all had their time and now it's the time of Eastern Europeans.

Am I missing something here?

Did he say something actually bad that I didn't get?

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                If you're a straight white male say goodbye to freedom of speech. WHAT A JOKEEEE .
                Was never freedom of consequence.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  Yeah true but he could've just declined to comment on that and moved on
                  No doubt absolutely he fcked up but that dork of a reporter knew just what to ask to get Paulie going.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                    Is Paulie a straight white male?

Comment

• Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                      ————-
                      That’s what Paulie said???
                      He got fired for that?? There’s gotta be more, no?

Paulie is a great analyst. I don’t think he’ll lack a job.
                      He got fired cuz he’s a lying baised racist pos he’s a known hater of anything non white so I get why the white folks here are defending him no biggie yet this dumb fucck knows damn well th number one boxer today is a Mexican and he won’t say it he also recently was called out on air by a British commentator who said to him “ hey Paulie you have something personal against canelo don’t you” and he tried to beat around the bush not answering but the commentator insisted yes you do again this was a British analyst defending canelo.

Bottom line is this POS Paulie had it coming it’s been years that he’s been falsely accusing fighters he doesn’t like for straight up racial reasons.

Fuuuclkk that cunnnt pos bum he had it coming.

Comment

Working...
                      X