Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime Permanently Removes Malignaggi From Broadcasting Team Over IFL TV Comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hmmm guess you can say anything you want if you're of a certain color.For one he basically said eastern euros are taking over,nothing wrong with saying that.He just said its the time of the eastern European fighter.He didn't say anything racial at all.Pretty crazy these days if your not the privileged class.
    Last edited by ippo; 07-30-2020, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
      In reference to Devin Haney, he said he didn't want to get into racial commentary, but then said:

"I don't know if Devin got the memo, but its no longer the time of the African American anymore in boxing. It's the Eastern European that has become the dominant species in boxing."

Later suggested that Haney's promoter was afraid of him losing to a white fighter, and that he believed racial oppression doesn't exist in 2020 and that it's all made up.
      Oh **** thanks

Comment

Coincidence much?! Lol

Showtime stands at the mercy of the LDBC affiliated channels comprising of 500k followers. They spammed YouTube for Paulie to leave or they wouldn’t support Showtime PPv. The LDBC leaders gets exclusive Wilder Interviews. Remember Wilder shut down Paulie associated to Showtime.

500k followed x $74.99 PPV

Do the maths guys...

denium

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=852024

Comment

In reference to Devin Haney, he said he didn't want to get into racial commentary, but then said:

"I don't know if Devin got the memo, but its no longer the time of the African American anymore in boxing. It's the Eastern European that has become the dominant species in boxing."

Later suggested that Haney's promoter was afraid of him losing to a white fighter, and that he believed racial oppression doesn't exist in 2020 and that it's all made up.
          I don't think those comments were the ones showtime is irate about. I believe the more upsetting comment was something around the lines of " i don't believe blacks have been oppressed the last 100 years because if a white boy said the same thing Henay did, he'll lose all TV contracts and would be untouchable"

Comment

Originally posted by mxtali View Post
            i’m guessing it’s because he said there’s no racial oppression anymore, and it’s all made up.
            he believed racial oppression doesn't exist in 2020 and that it's all made up.
            Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
            Hell this guy said Ahmad Aubrey would be alive if he didn't grab the gun. No way black fighters would want him calling his fights.
            Originally posted by skinny kenny View Post
            Paulie said ahmaud abery should have killed during a twitter argument.
            And his comment on black people not facing consequences for speaking recklessly is simply wrong. Nick Canon just lost his job for saying racist ****.
            Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
            IMO, what gets him in trouble is when he says he doesn't think there is racial oppression of blacks right now
            Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
            The indoctrinators were probably bothered by the part in which he said that "racial oppression is being exaggerated by the media"
            Correct.

THATS the reason Paulie got canned.

Wasn't because of the eastern european comment or his take on the devin haney statement.

Comment

RIP Paulie

Species

Comment

his comment on black people not facing consequences for speaking recklessly is simply wrong. Nick Canon just lost his job for saying racist ****.
                An exception doesn't disprove the rule, but regardless Cannon got fired for speaking about ***s. That's the golden tribe that you can't speak bad about, even above Blacks. There's a social order where certain groups can speak bad about others and nothing happens:

***s
                ______
                H0mo***uals
                Blacks, ******s
                Hispanics
                Asians
                Whites

Any tier above can say anything they want about the tiers below with essentially no repercussions. Those one tier under have limited repercussions when speaking negatively about a tier above them. Those two tiers or more below have extreme repercussions.

Comment

Originally posted by texasboi15 View Post
                  Who was great..?!
                  What was that the song that went something like "I'm a texasboi, I'm texas-made"?

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
                    I don't think those comments were the ones showtime is irate about. I believe the more upsetting comment was something around the lines of " i don't believe blacks have been oppressed the last 100 years because if a white boy said the same thing Henay did, he'll lose all TV contracts and would be untouchable"
                    Agreed

That's what fcked him off.

Comment

Originally posted by Claude Palle View Post
                      The ******** certainly will not agree with you. Political correctness is a scourge but it is what it is. There are many in society who are on board with this nonsense. Either apologize or get fired? What he said does not warrant being terminated.
                      he didn't get fired for that. he got fired for saying arbery should have been shot and saying george floyd was no big deal

Comment

Working...
                      X