Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ryan Garcia Abandons Talks For WBO Eliminator In Favor Of WBC Interim Title Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No complaints from me and hopefully no excuses from either to stall the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      He just wants to get paid and he would’ve fought Linares, Fortuna and even Campbell!

When guys who don’t bring the viewership Or tickets sales he does get paid more then he has a right to demand more pay....
      He has a following but I'm curious how the pandemic impacts the fights that get made in the upcoming year. So far we've seen ESPN provide us a showcase card with Stevenson and cards headlined with fighters on those second and mostly third levels (and lower). While I've enjoyed the cards they haven't done much in ratings.

Nothing yet from PBC or Matchroom. I'm not sure when you can get live crowds to generate ticket sales. Can Garcia and other fighters demand the big purses without the additional streams of revenue?

Comment

He wanted 2 million to fight Linares, one of the main reasons that fight didn't get done. Rumor is he was offered 1M dollars, so it wasn't like he was going to make peanuts. That was a much better matchup than Campbell. It would have been a challenge but Linares is known to be chinny.

He will learn a hard lesson. I see him losing decisively against Campbell. He's fought a total of 4 rounds in his past 3 fights thanks to selective matchmaking. He's never been tested like this, last time he went the distance he got beat up by Carlos Morales.

Maybe he'll prove me wrong, I actually hope he does and becomes a superstar. I just can't see it though, he's going to be eating some humble pie after this one. Maybe then he'll listen to his promoters guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
          Garcia is an idiot
          Because he chose the bigger name, bigger purse , bigger belt name? ? Yup, total idiot lmao

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
            No complaints from me and hopefully no excuses from either to stall the fight.
            Do you think they care if you have a complaint 🤔

Comment

Originally posted by indelible View Post
              It’s not official until both have signed. I reckon Garcia will pull out if the offer is $200,000 or less to take this fight
              Only idiots would take this type of caliber fight for less . Not to consider the starpower and ticket sales ryan brings

Comment

He must have read some angry posters on Boxingscene

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
                  He has a following but I'm curious how the pandemic impacts the fights that get made in the upcoming year. So far we've seen ESPN provide us a showcase card with Stevenson and cards headlined with fighters on those second and mostly third levels (and lower). While I've enjoyed the cards they haven't done much in ratings.

Nothing yet from PBC or Matchroom. I'm not sure when you can get live crowds to generate ticket sales. Can Garcia and other fighters demand the big purses without the additional streams of revenue?
                  Shakur has better management that’s the difference!

Ryan is being paid more than any other prospect but he just destroyed a guy that took Tank 9 rounds!

I can name all the fighters who aren’t champs or never been champs that make more than Ryan yet they don’t move the needle!

Comment

I’ll believe it when both are in the ring together, otherwise he’s either going to price himself out OR get injured while training.....wink...wink.

Comment

Hope Ryan Garcia gift us this fight.

Sorry, but this time I don't believe Ryan Garcia, until he inside the ring against Luke Campell.

Comment

Working...
                      X