Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Berchelt Not Concerned With Big Drop in Pay To Fight Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
    Bull**** man. Both Herring and Berchelt fought in may 2019. He was hoping Ito won so he could have an easy unification. When herring won he started making excuses. He went on to fight Sosa in Nov 2019 who is a non threat. While all this was happening Valdez was still a division lower.
    That's crazy lol you are discrediting the fighter you are defending by saying "he was hoping Ito won for an easy unification" so you are saying that Herring beat an easy fighter to win his title right? I don't even have to say anything else you discredit Ito and Sosa two former champions yet hyping up Herring who beat one of those two to become a champ himself.

Berchelt isn't scared of Herring he's going after the money fight and so is Top Rank.

Comment

Originally posted by Kannabis Kid View Post
      That's crazy lol you are discrediting the fighter you are defending by saying "he was hoping Ito won for an easy unification" so you are saying that Herring beat an easy fighter to win his title right? I don't even have to say anything else you discredit Ito and Sosa two former champions yet hyping up Herring who beat one of those two to become a champ himself.

Berchelt isn't scared of Herring he's going after the money fight and so is Top Rank.
      Stop supporting a guy like Berchelt who ducked a unification and support Jose Ramirez. Ramirez not afraid or a "businessman" thats why he unified with Hooker and is planning on unifying with Taylor next year. Its also why he makes way more than Berchelt. Warriors like that dare to be great and they get rewarded with large purses.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        He’s fighting a bum. This is easy money. He’s not fighting guys like he fights for 600-700k. This is a tune up and he doesn’t have to make weight. He should turn around and do it again in September.
        Yes, this is what champs did in "the good old days" that so many get misty eyed over; then turn round and complain about "easy fights".
        If a champ will fight for ⅛ of his usual fee in order to stay busy,, and fans are interested in seeing it, what's the problem?

Comment

A class act! Old school, doesn't forget where he is, where he came from and appreciates it all! I wish not only boxers respected the sport of fists as Berchelt does but promoters should as well. If so, imagine the careers that could have played out differently if promoters and their hidden agendas are put aside.. Godspeed to ya warrior!

Comment

Im glad that there are televised fights for me to watch on a Saturday night but I'm hoping there are a few decent fights on this card.

I like Berchelt and understand that this is a stay busy, showcase fight during a pandemic but I don't expect it to be very competitive. Let's hope some of the supporting matchups provide compelling action.

Comment

Originally posted by Phill lynott View Post
              A class act! Old school, doesn't forget where he is, where he came from and appreciates it all! I wish not only boxers respected the sport of fists as Berchelt does but promoters should as well. If so, imagine the careers that could have played out differently if promoters and their hidden agendas are put aside.. Godspeed to ya warrior!

Agreed! It may be a stay busy fight but at least he is fighting. Props to all the guys who are giving boxing fans something to watch. Haters are always gonna hate. That isn't going to change!

Comment

Working...
              X