Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mares: I Have Basically Every 130 To 135-Pounder Wanting To Face Me

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Mares: I Have Basically Every 130 To 135-Pounder Wanting To Face Me

Somewhere along the way, Abner Mares has become the Mike Tyson of the lower weight divisions. Even by his own admission, the comparison has nothing to do with their respective career arcs but more so they have become the two most mentioned names as opponents of choice in recent weeks.
    [Click Here To Read More]

cos u are a blind 126 pounder

Comment

Man, I like Mares, I think he's a good guy, a decent fighter but I think he's taken a couple to many shots to the head. First off, guys are only interested in fighting you is because you're somewhat of a name, haven't fought in a while and are on the decline, you're an easy mark. Second, dude! You have eye problems, you are going to go blind if you continue receiving shots. I know it's hard for anyone to come to grips that you're not the person you used to be, but for Mares is sake, I hope he and his family realizes it's over.

Comment

Unfortunately for Abner the reason why they want to face him is that they want to add his name to their resume and view him as fairly easy opponent who's best days are far behind him.

Comment

He’s referring to 130-135 PBC fighters...

Comment

Mares was undersized and underpowered at 126, so forget about 130!

Comment

he just wants one last payday before he loses that eye.

Comment

Originally posted by Mexican Bidness View Post
                He’s referring to 130-135 PBC fighters...
                Wrong. Golden Boy's Ryan Garcia (who fights on DAZN) recently got into a Twitter back and forth with him and called him out.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                  Wrong. Golden Boy's Ryan Garcia (who fights on DAZN) recently got into a Twitter back and forth with him and called him out.
                  No you’re wrong. Ryan Garcia didn’t even call out Mares. Mares was instigating a situation between Garcia and the UFC’s Cejudo. Mares said fighters calling out “UFC legends” when they haven’t done anything in their own sport. Then Ryan Garcia defended that to say if he wanted to get sparked again in the first round the way Johnny Gonzalez did to him that he was game.

Mares put himself in that situation and nosing himself into affairs that didn’t pertain to him.

Keep up’

Comment

In this particular case, I can't even fault Mares if he was to ask for a significant amount of money to face one of the young lions out there.

Comment

Working...
                    X