No announcement yet.

Is the pick ‘em done?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the pick ‘em done?

There’s a fight tomorrow and ESPN has a bunch scheduled in the coming weeks.

But it seems like everyone will get them all right and participation might be difficult considering the totally random dates.

I was just wondering what the plan was.

Pick Em was done the moment I signed up. It’s a race to second place for all of you now. The likely plan is to pay me off so I don’t participate in the future.

Comment

No its not done for the year. We are waiting on a little more momentum to pick backup.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
        No its not done for the year. We are waiting on a little more momentum to pick backup.
        Thanks for the info. I figured these fights weren't quite pick em worthy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
          No they really aren't. When boxing picks back up it should be some good quality match ups to come.
          Maybe it'll make up for all the fights we've missed!

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            There’s a fight tomorrow and ESPN has a bunch scheduled in the coming weeks.

But it seems like everyone will get them all right and participation might be difficult considering the totally random dates.

I was just wondering what the plan was.
            I'm still figuring it man. Short answer is nah we ain't done, but we're gonna have to maybe get used to some lower level fights. FWIW I was actually giving serious thought to the Shakur and Magdaleno fights this week as well as the Culcay fight and Wach vs Johnston on Friday, but I been kinda off colour these last few days and let the time get away from me specially given we'd want to give the players reasonable notice.

Absolutely 100% well be up and running before July 9th for Zepeda vs Baranchyk which should be an absolute corker, but hopefully well before. Keep an eye on the sticked master thread for updates though.
            Last edited by Citizen Koba; 06-09-2020, 09:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              We may have to find a bit of a balance to start with in the interests of getting things moving, but even if we gotta go with lower level fights we'll do our best to chose those which ain't complete mismatches like the offerings tonight and Thursday. Wach vs Kingpin was honestly the most likely of this week's fights, despite that Johnson is little more than a punchbag these days simply cos Wach ain't much better.

Comment

Hard to have much enthusiasm for the fights we're about to get, isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                  We may have to find a bit of a balance to start with in the interests of getting things moving, but even if we gotta go with lower level fights we'll do our best to chose those which ain't complete mismatches like the offerings tonight and Thursday. Wach vs Kingpin was honestly the most likely of this week's fights, despite that Johnson is little more than a punchbag these days simply cos Wach ain't much better.

You’ve become somewhat of a matchmaker lol
                  It’s gonna real tough to get upsets in these level of fights
                  Hey man , chit happens

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                    There’s a few decent matchups coming up. Zepeda-Baranchyk is definitely one we could use.

Santillan-De Marco, and Greer-Plania are both competitive matchups too IMO. Both the Moloney bro’s have half-decent fights coming up too.
                    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 06-09-2020, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X