Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Canelo-Golovkin, Hagler, ATG List, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jab jab boom View Post
    All Im saying is, if ggg is as bad as Canelo fans say he is, then Canelo must be complete trash to not be able to decisively beat a past prime limited old man.

Stay consistent groupies.

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Golovkin is very good, just not as good as advertised.

if Golovkin really was as good as advertised... then being unable to get his game going in either of the two fights with Canelo, and losing the rematch... must mean that Canelo is pretty special...

stay consistent groupie

Jab... stop and think about what just happened

is this the part where you tell me how old Golovkin is... ?

Comment

Jab... stop and think about what just happened

Nah this is the part when I remind you of how old (55)and delusional you are. All I see from Canelo fans is how basic ggg is, how he was a hype job, someone on this same thread said he's "garbage", so if that's the case, shouldn't your king have been able to get a clear non controversial win over him? Especially with an 8 yr age advantage? Just as bread said, look at what Oscar did to a 35 yr old Chavez, who we can all agree had a better career than ggg. Look at what Terry Norris did to a 35 yr old sugar ray Leonard, and we can all agree that Leonard was better than ggg. Then look at Canelo getting a gift draw vs a 35 yr old ggg and eeking a split decision with the judges help vs a 36 yr old ggg. Ggg may not be what he was made out to be, and we'll never know the truth since he was avoided in his prime, but how can Canelo be all his fan boys say he is if he can't prove that he can get a definitive win over him? Try not to let the truth keep you up crying at night. We all know how delicate and emotional you are when it comes to defending Canelo.
      Last edited by Jab jab boom; 05-30-2020, 09:11 PM.

Comment

Nah this is the part when I remind you of how old (55)and delusional you are. All I see from Canelo fans is how basic ggg is, how he was a hype job, someone on this same thread said he's "garbage", so if that's the case, shouldn't your king have been able to get a clear non controversial win over him? Especially with an 8 yr age advantage? Just as bread said, look at what Oscar did to a 35 yr old Chavez, who we can all agree had a better career than ggg. Look at what Terry Norris did to a 35 yr old sugar ray Leonard, and we can all agree that Leonard was better than ggg. Then look at Canelo getting a gift draw vs a 35 yr old ggg and eeking a split decision with the judges help vs a 36 yr old ggg. Ggg may not be what he was made out to be, and we'll never know the truth since he was avoided in his prime, but how can Canelo be all his fan boys say he is if he can't prove that he can get a definitive win over him? Try not to let the truth keep you up crying at night. We all know how delicate and emotional you are when it comes to defending Canelo.
        Ggg is garbage and canelo is an all time great

Comment

if Golovkin really was as good as advertised... then being unable to get his game going in either of the two fights with Canelo, and losing the rematch... must mean that Canelo is pretty special...

stay consistent groupie
          8 years difference between them. Think about it and focus on that. And still Canelo did not once convincingly and unquestionably beat GGG. The reality is that with thia age difference it is impossible to catch fighters in their peak primes. Someone' age will be taken advantage of. Mayweather wouldn't have beat the current version of Canelo, especially at higher weight classes. Age makes all the difference. And if you think its an excuse come back to me once you are past 35 and we'll have a conversation when you tell me the things you could have done at 30 and how you noticed your own slippage at 35. And then add to this years of grueling training regiment where sport is your life rather that 3 hours of gym a week. Canelo lost the first fight, pure and simple and GGG was wronged. 118-110 my ass. Life can be unfair, ask any wrongly accused former prisoner about fairness of life. And sport politics was unfair to GGG. He's not the first and not the last. I respect Canelo, but he's not better than an aging GGG. That should tell you something about what it must have been fighting GGG when he was 32.

Comment

All Im saying is, if ggg is as bad as Canelo fans say he is, then Canelo must be complete trash to not be able to decisively beat a past prime limited old man. Stay consistent groupies.
            There is where we separate true knowledge of the sport. Canelo fans for years, and even non Canelo fans (LDBC), all said GGG fought bums until he was truly tested... because Canelo haters like yourself never credit Canelo for anything it’s fanbases might as well played the GGG groupie game and called Lil’G a bum!

The best part is that when you seee all of GGG’s opponents, 90% of them couldn’t “box” with GGG. That’s why Jacobs, Canelo, or Devry fans cam have their moments since those fighters are considered elite...

GGG fans can make fun of Fielding or say “who was Liam Smith.”””

But when you consider HBO approved an incarcerated inactive fighter as Wade training with just one glove and an ankle brace hitting a bag.... or Vanes Martirosyan.... I mean this is why many fans can’t tolerate Lil’G diehards.

When you put all these scenarios in comparison it really just comes down to animosity towards Mexicans and a playful narrative to side with Eastern Euros because to do so feels like the groupie fad to do. When you start doing that you miss out on the real grit of the sport, and that’s simply to just analyze techniques of the fighter.

Most of us who actually spar can have a mind to jab like GGG and close the ring or have elite level defense and counter attacking like Canelo.

Comment

stay consistent groupie

Especially with an 8 yr age advantage?
              Originally posted by alexjust View Post
              8 years difference between them. Think about it and focus on that.

looooooooool

well then... I guess Mr " anyone from 154-168 " should have been a man of his word, and taken that fight 2 years earlier... right...?

according to you clowns...

1) Moseskin does not deserve a trilogy fight
              2) Moseskin should retire immediately

Comment

looooooooool

well then... I guess Mr " anyone from 154-168 " should have been a man of his word, and taken that fight 2 years earlier... right...?

according to you clowns...

1) Moseskin does not deserve a trilogy fight
                2) Moseskin should retire immediately
                Check your facts. It wasn't GGG who avoided Canelo fight a year or 2 before they actually fought for the 1st time. Be driven by facts, not your fantasy.

Comment

Check your facts. It wasn't GGG who avoided Canelo fight a year or 2 before they actually fought for the 1st time. Be driven by facts, not your fantasy.

bullshlt, only idiot casual-fans say that...

BEFORE shht got real:

October 2014
                  Ring TV.com: If you could, for a moment, could you specifically address the notion of fighting Andre Ward and/or Miguel Cotto or Canelo Alvarez?

Gennady Golovkin: I have big respect for Andre Ward. He has accomplished many things in the ring. My focus is to fight at middleweight unless there is a big fight at 154 or 168 that would be on pay-per-view. I think both Canelo and Cotto are warriors in the ring. They both have big hearts and both would be a big event and pay-per-view fights.
                  https://www.ring tv.com/362749-gennady-golovkin-puts-miguel-cotto-atop-his-wish-list/

AFTER shht got real:

October 2015
                  "Cotto-Canelo takes place at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. Canelo has never fought above 155. Cotto has never fought at the full middleweight limit. He fought Daniel Geale at 157 and Sergio Martinez at 159. Cotto stated in past interviews that all of his future opponents would be subject to a catch-weight.....

"I'm champion of 160, middleweight is my comfortable weight. For what [reason would I do a catch-weight]? For business or for what? I'm a boxer. I'm the champion of the middleweight division," Golovkin said.
                  "
                  http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...-canelo--97113

Golovkin offered to fight Rosado at 158, but refused Cotto/Canelo

FACT: Golovkin could have taken that fight
                  FACT: Golovkin chose not to

Comment

Hauser just made this comment...

Gennady Golovkin looked great until he was tested. Then he began to look exceptionally good.
                    https://www.boxingscene.com/which-ac...-great--149210
                    which is exactly what I said

Comment

bullshlt, only idiot casual-fans say that...

BEFORE shht got real:

October 2014
                      Ring TV.com: If you could, for a moment, could you specifically address the notion of fighting Andre Ward and/or Miguel Cotto or Canelo Alvarez?

Gennady Golovkin: I have big respect for Andre Ward. He has accomplished many things in the ring. My focus is to fight at middleweight unless there is a big fight at 154 or 168 that would be on pay-per-view. I think both Canelo and Cotto are warriors in the ring. They both have big hearts and both would be a big event and pay-per-view fights.
                      https://www.ring tv.com/362749-gennady-golovkin-puts-miguel-cotto-atop-his-wish-list/

AFTER shht got real:

October 2015
                      "Cotto-Canelo takes place at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. Canelo has never fought above 155. Cotto has never fought at the full middleweight limit. He fought Daniel Geale at 157 and Sergio Martinez at 159. Cotto stated in past interviews that all of his future opponents would be subject to a catch-weight.....

"I'm champion of 160, middleweight is my comfortable weight. For what [reason would I do a catch-weight]? For business or for what? I'm a boxer. I'm the champion of the middleweight division," Golovkin said.
                      "
                      http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...-canelo--97113

Golovkin offered to fight Rosado at 158, but refused Cotto/Canelo

FACT: Golovkin could have taken that fight
                      FACT: Golovkin chose not to
                      You still not learned what a FACT is Scrappy? You want me to search up a definition for ya?

The Cotto fight was never on the table and the Canelo fight happened exactly when and at the weight Oscar always said it was going to.
                      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 05-31-2020, 05:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X