Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Targets Joseph Diaz, Ryan Garcia: They Know I Bring a Good Name

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Abner Mares Targets Joseph Diaz, Ryan Garcia: They Know I Bring a Good Name

By Dan Rafael - Former three-division world titlist Abner Mares has been out of the ring for two years, mainly due to injury, but he is anxious to fight again later this year and aiming for significant opponents as he winds down his career. Mares, who has won world titles at bantamweight, junior featherweight and featherweight but has not fought...
    [Click Here To Read More]

Abner should try and make 126.

A rematch with Gonzalez at 130 would make sense for a comeback fight.

Comment

He brings the title of 'Boxer most obsessed with other boxer's nuts'.

Comment

I was a huge fan of Abner Mares. He was an action packed, crowd pleasing fighter who could also box. However, he is no longer the same fighter. He is now semi-retired and past his prime at age 34 and a half.

I think a fight between himself and Joseph Diaz could be a very interesting fight. Both throw tons of volume punches without a lot of power. I would give Diaz the slight advantage though due to his youth, workrate and Abner's inactivity from the ring.

However, as far as Ryan Garcia goes it is a mismatch and a cash out fight. Mares knows that he has no chance of winning so he will take the fight just for the money. Let's face the facts and the truth. Ryan is just too freaking huge and strong for Mares. Abner wouldn't stand a chance against him.

Comment

Let Ryan fight a 135er

Comment

Fat Dan doing BS articles now?

Get paid Abner! Idk if he can beat any big name guy these days but he's got top 10 facial hair style in all of boxing that's for sure. He need to open a barbershop when he hangs them up.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
              He brings the title of 'Boxer most obsessed with other boxer's nuts'.
              Abner is the epitome of a metrosexual. The way he shaves his beard. It looks like he has two nuts on his chin.

Comment

Mares and Vargas are solid B fighters you can see where your at by beating them. Always in fun fights also

Comment

I'm down for Mares/Diaz

Comment

Got that part right, all he brings is a name.

Comment

Working...
                    X