Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Warns 'Gob****e' Shakur Stevenson: I Won't Wait!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Josh Warrington Warns 'Gob****e' Shakur Stevenson: I Won't Wait!

Josh Warrington has labelled Shakur Stevenson a "gob****e" and says he is not bothered whether the American decides to move up in weight rather than face him. Warrington, the IBF featherweight champion, had hoped for a Spring meeting with Stevenson, the WBO champion, only for Stevenson to back away from a unification and instead announce a fight against Miguel Marriaga in March. That fight was eventually scrapped because of the coronavirus pandemic, but before then, Warrington had looked elsewhere, agreeing to a fight with WBA champion Can Xu.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Warrington changed promoters so he could avoid him.

Comment

Originally posted by Quicksilver* View Post
      Warrington changed promoters so he could avoid him.
      Exactly.

He's been doing that a lot over the past couple of years. He wouldn't fight Gary Russell Jr. after he won the IBF title. He fought Frampton, Galahad, and Takoucht instead of unifying the titles.

Comment

Nice. Josh firing off the Northern banter. These Americans don't have a scooby about this stuff. "Fookin nobend" is another one he could use. Fury has copyrighted "dosser" sadly.

Comment

Warrington is trying to be slick and turn this around to blame Stevenson.

But he is the one who was wanting to fight some Can.

Surprised Stevenson: I Thought Warrington Had A Lot Of Heart, Wanted To Fight Best
          https://www.boxingscene.com/surprise...t-best--148469

Comment

Yes, I agree. He should take a boxing lesson from GRJ first.

Comment

A fight with Gary Russell jr. would be great. Josh Warrington would make up for ducking Shakur Stevenson. However, I doubt that Gary Russell ever lands a meaningful fight again.

Comment

What do LSC, Tank, Stevenson, and Warrington, all have in common? An uncommon fear of Gary Russell Jr.!

Comment

Warrington v Can was always on the card first so why he's calling Stevenson at this point is premature. Maybe he's heard about weight and took his chance of spouting off..

Arum also wanting to cash in quick before that happens by trying to sort out a money spinner in UK in front of a full house rather than fight in an empty bar in America

Comment

Shakur should be in jail. If I was Warrington let Shakur move up in weight, Shakur will get beat or do something stupid and wind up in jail where he belongs.

Comment

Working...
                    X