Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ritz Kola View Post
    He took TWO of those back to back.
    You’re right!

Took a straight right hand and then a right hook which are both Mosley’s money punch!

Floyd did the right thing and ingenious thing in both situations, the first big shot he quickly grab Shane’s arm and the second big shot which almost made him hit the canvass, he immediately tightened his guard and got closer to Mosley to smother his shots up top!

Majority of fighters should watch that sequence to learn how to survive big shots while close to your opponent!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      You’re right!

Took a straight right hand and then a right hook which are both Mosley’s money punch!

Floyd did the right thing and ingenious thing in both situations, the first big shot he quickly grab Shane’s arm and the second big shot which almost made him hit the canvass, he immediately tightened his guard and got closer to Mosley to smother his shots up top!

Majority of fighters should watch that sequence to learn how to survive big shots while close to your opponent!
      Just a master S class Boxer. I know punches like that cut your lights off for seconds. Floyd instinctually did the right thing. Not only did he do the right thing in both cases. He did the BEST options possible to answer both punches. That would've put down another boxer for sure. That should've let any hater know then and there that boxing is embedded in his dna. Whatever other fighter would've been standing after that would've either tried to (and have failed) create distance or (a shootout) fight back. The proper thing was smother and tie up. I always tell my cousins who aren't die hard boxing fans- they watch football- that it's easier said than done. In the ring when things are moving fast and pressure is making your head hurt, it's all split second decisions.

Comment

Just a master S class Boxer. I know punches like that cut your lights off for seconds. Floyd instinctually did the right thing. Not only did he do the right thing in both cases. He did the BEST options possible to answer both punches. That would've put down another boxer for sure. That should've let any hater know then and there that boxing is embedded in his dna. Whatever other fighter would've been standing after that would've either tried to (and have failed) create distance or (a shootout) fight back. The proper thing was smother and tie up. I always tell my cousins who aren't die hard boxing fans- they watch football- that it's easier said than done. In the ring when things are moving fast and pressure is making your head hurt, it's all split second decisions.
        All things agree on what you said!

I hope we get to one day see Floyd comment on his fights while watching it and talk about what he was thinking in different points of a fight!

Would love to see him breakdown how he countered Canelo’s own pull counter after Canelo tried it a couple times in the first two rounds!

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          All things agree on what you said!

I hope we get to one day see Floyd comment on his fights while watching it and talk about what he was thinking in different points of a fight!

Would love to see him breakdown how he countered Canelo’s own pull counter after Canelo tried it a couple times in the first two rounds!
          As much as I'd love to see it, I doubt he will. Those are training secrets. In the era of the internet once you put it out, it's there forever. I look at it like this- we never see NFL Head Coaches breaking down plays, and all the subtle detail, because it would give opponents ammunition and make them less valuable. So from a business perspective, I never understood fans expecting that out of boxing which is a much more brutal sport.

Comment

Because he never committed to hurting opponents. He was thinking defence all the time

Comment

Because he's afraid to take risks. That's what made him a huge draw.

People pay to see him lose. Didn't you see the audience jumping up and down when Mosley landed that huge punch that rocked Mayweather?

And why is this so hard for some people to figure? It's not rocket science.

Comment

He never fought outside country so didn't have to chase a ko! If he fought in Argentina or mexico, afraid h ed be robbed so Floyd chased ko he be in more danger.
                Plus Floyd never felt pressure to entertain fans, that never crossed his mind. He knew entertainment came from people hoping his opponent took his head off
                Last edited by hugh grant; 06-06-2020, 04:41 AM.

Comment

- -U noggin in permanent hurt?

Mosley a year or more inactive and the more elderly fighter.

Comment

He knew how to read opponents movements and had a very quick body to move around in,not complicated ,he just stuck to simplicity and won round by round .

Comment

Great balance, great defense, great chin, clear headed, great movement, good blocking, moved his head right on time.

Comment

Working...
                      X