Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Chisora: I'm Better Than Dillian Whyte, I'll Push For Another Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought Chisora won the first fight, and had him ahead in the rematch until the KO.

So I can understand how he feels wanting a third fight.

However, I just can't see the overall appeal as effectively he has lost twice already so there is no real incentive outside of a payday.

Comment

If Chisora were American you bitches would cry every single time he fights or gets ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        I thought Chisora won the first fight, and had him ahead in the rematch until the KO.

So I can understand how he feels wanting a third fight.

However, I just can't see the overall appeal as effectively he has lost twice already so there is no real incentive outside of a payday.
        No.

It is a great rivalry.

They have produced two really good fights.

Boxing is a business, but it is also show business.

There is a incentive, because they produce good fights.

And there is a story to their rivalry.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

No.

It is a great rivalry.

They have produced two really good fights.

Boxing is a business, but it is also show business.

There is a incentive, because they produce good fights.

And there is a story to their rivalry.

You sound like Eddie Hearn...
          Leicesterage Combat Talk Radio likes this.

Comment

The statements are correct regarding the fight, belts aside 'Chisora vs Whyte is great rivalry, I would not say on world terms but just domestic'.

Gatti vs Ward was not really a big match up concerning titles, it was just a battle between two fighters 'Fighting for victory over themselves and each other'.

Comment

The Chisora that turned up against Uysk knocks Whyte spark out.

Comment

If god exists then Povetkin splatters Shyte again and then after, Del boy Splatters whyte again.
                denium denium likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post

The statements are correct regarding the fight, belts aside 'Chisora vs Whyte is great rivalry, I would not say on world terms but just domestic'.

Gatti vs Ward was not really a big match up concerning titles, it was just a battle between two fighters 'Fighting for victory over themselves and each other'.
                  Just a couple of points;

1) Gatti vs Ward was a trilogy that required a decider as both fighters had won a fight.

2) As good as the Chisora / Whyte fights were, they were not on the same level as Gatti / Ward, maybe the first, but not the second.

Finally, apart from Chisora getting paid, who really benefits? If Chisora wins, he has just beaten a guy who he lost to twice. If Whyte wins he has just beaten an over the hill fighter for a third time and, in terms of revenue - this is not a PPV event or even a headline fight on a free to view card. Your argument would make sense if Chisora won the first fight, but he didn't and it would be impossible to replicate the drama and action of the first fight as evidenced by the second fight. People would definitely pay to watch a final fight if a rubber was required, but how many trilogies are there for a 2-0 record? Once you beat a guy for the second time, a third fight is usually pretty redundant.

Sometimes you need to accept that there was one awesome fight and a decent rematch and then move on.

Comment

Just a couple of points;

1) Gatti vs Ward was a trilogy that required a decider as both fighters had won a fight.

2) As good as the Chisora / Whyte fights were, they were not on the same level as Gatti / Ward, maybe the first, but not the second.

Finally, apart from Chisora getting paid, who really benefits? If Chisora wins, he has just beaten a guy who he lost to twice. If Whyte wins he has just beaten an over the hill fighter for a third time and, in terms of revenue - this is not a PPV event or even a headline fight on a free to view card. Your argument would make sense if Chisora won the first fight, but he didn't and it would be impossible to replicate the drama and action of the first fight as evidenced by the second fight. People would definitely pay to watch a final fight if a rubber was required, but how many trilogies are there for a 2-0 record? Once you beat a guy for the second time, a third fight is usually pretty redundant.

Sometimes you need to accept that there was one awesome fight and a decent rematch and then move on.
                    Who needs to accept it? The fighters don't need to accept it.

The match up is a good match up, and that ultimately is the bottom line.

They produced two good fights, and their rivalry has a story 'That is show business'.

I think they would only be matched against one another if, they both lose their next fight etc

So I am not really calling for the fight to be made, but can kind of see the scenario where it is made.

Comment

But he's not wrong.

Comment

Working...
                      X