Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: 16 Years Later, Danny Williams Hopes To Lure Tyson With 'Repeat or Revenge' Bait

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: 16 Years Later, Danny Williams Hopes To Lure Tyson With 'Repeat or Revenge' Bait

By Lyle Fitzsimmons - It's been 15 years since his last fight. It's been 17 years since his last victory. Yet somehow, a month before his 54th birthday, Mike Tyson is again the hottest name in boxing. The ex-king of the heavyweights has titillatied a pandemic-starved sports crowd with videos of recent training sessions and rumblings that he's interested in a return to the ring.
    [Click Here To Read More]

We really gotta get boxing going again. I've revisited old Thurman fights and even watched some Amir Khan and Kell Brook fights here lately and honestly getting tired of reading about people wanting to fight a 53 year old Mike Tyson.

Comment

Danny had EVERYTHING a contender could want except a stable brain. I remember some fights he'd turn up and just not be interested at all, yet at other times he'd could dazzle you with his ability. I don't know if Danny ever figured out what was going on inside his head.

Comment

Originally posted by Marvlus Marv View Post
        Danny had EVERYTHING a contender could want except a stable brain. I remember some fights he'd turn up and just not be interested at all, yet at other times he'd could dazzle you with his ability. I don't know if Danny ever figured out what was going on inside his head.
        I remember a story Ricky Hatton once told, about how he couldn't believe how nervous he once was as they fought on the same card.

Hatton said he was visibly anxious and afraid and was threatening to pull out as he couldn't calm himself, even with Hatton's reassurance. Anyway he ended up going out and scoring an early KO and nobody, even at ringside would have known or suspected anything wrong at all.

Comment

All these guys coming out of the woodwork trying to hitch a ride on Mike Tyson's coattails.

Comment

I wish someone would protect Williams from himself. I don't know how he still has a license to fight.

Comment

I only remember this guy for getting beat up badly by Vitali. Nothing else.

The fact that he beat an over the hill, wash up Tyson and is calling him out again at 53 years old lets you know all you need to know about Williams.

Comment

This is a match Tyson should take, him and McBride..those never sat well with me knowing they were never close to his level

Comment

Ridiculous..............................

Comment

Mike Tyson vs Danny Williams II

There is a high chance that this rematch is never going to materialize, maybe only in a exhibition match.

Comment

Working...
                    X