Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not Tank and not Ryan Garcia.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
      Tanks got the potential maybe but I don't like the way he's handling himself, specially with blowing up between fights and repeatedly struggling with weight... Kid needs to get his head on straight I think.

Young Ryan's gonna get the star treatment and all the opportunities I think, but to my eye Vergil has a higher Ceiling by a margin, although maybe its just my old man bias... Ryan just looks like a pretty high school kid to my old ass and I imagine him folding when the going gets tough which is probably unfair.

But yeah, barring some unforseen weirdness Canelo is gonna be the superstar of the 20s with everyone else clamouring to get some of them $$$s. An epic unbeaten run at Heavy for Fury or AJ might also be in the running or some insane run by Inoue up to 126 or 130 but honestly those biannual Vegas slots pretty much trump anyone else almost regardless of what they do.
      yessir you make too much sense, you’re right I forgot about Vergil he def has the goods and if he keeps winning the Mexican fans will follow his career and make him the next man up. David Benavidez has potential too... to be FOTD if he keeps winning

Comment

Well broner said he gonna be active more and stay out of trouble so he might make it this decade.

surprised how many people chose haney though

Comment

Obviously Adrien Broner .

Comment

Very hard to say I don't know, anything can happen between now and late 2029

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
            That's a really good question, larry. Taking a run through:

Obviously eliminated:
            Too Old: Usyk, Crawford, Golovkin, Pac, Wilder, Beterbiev
            Little guys don't age well: Estrada, Roman

Close, but no cigar:
            Spence - already 30, don't think he ages well, close fight vs. Porter, couldn't knock Mikey out.
            Joshua - has potential, but has gotten buzzed a few times, vs. Whyte, Wlad and Ruiz. Likely to suffer another loss.
            Callum - excellent skills, good resume. Lack of marquee opponents at SMW/LHW, looked vulnerable. Already 30.
            Bivol - good, but not great fighter at every dimension. 29. Don't think he has the power to keep elite LHWs away from him. Will he get premier matchups?
            Navarette - excellent fighter, right age, but don't think he'll get enough marquee opponents
            Loma - has a shot, but in effect is too old. He'd need to clean up 135 and 140 in next 3 years, including the trifecta of Haney/Lopez/Tank - I doubt all 3 will take the fight until he's older.
            Loprez - has a shot, but IMO he's just not skilled enough and will get outboxed eventually.
            Tank - good skills, good power, not disciplined, Will be undersized for glamour divisions. Likely to get outboxed later.
            Shakur - will lack power as he ages and will get overwhelmed. If he can pump some roids or significantly improve his frame at 135, he has a shot. For Floyd comparisons.. Floyd was a devastating puncher at lower weights.
            Ramirez - was a solid boxer with OK power at SMW. Need to see more at LHW if he filled out. Poor promotion, may not get defining fights in his career.

Contenders:
            Canelo - slightly on the older side (will be 39 in 2029). Has fought most of the guys at his natural weight (160). As he ages and his reflexes slow, likely to get outboxed against bigger, longer fighters. But.. doubt Canelo at your own peril!
            Benavidez - only 23, barely unlocked his potential. Has that extra gear. Looked vulnerable vs. Gavril though.
            Inoue - right age, are there enough marquee match ups? Small fighters are historically at a disadvantage for FOTY though.
            Fury - has a really good shot if he can keep the head on his shoulders. Will there be enough marquee matchups if he beats Wilder again and then Joshua? He's proved he has a chin and the skills. HWs age well. Wild card.

My pick:
            Haney - only 21, excellent skills, good power, good head on his shoulders. Should grow into a WW, a prestigious division. If he can beat Lomachenko before he turns 35, that's a great scalp for him.
            Good Break Down!

Comment

The young pups.

Teofimo Lopez and Vergil Ortiz Jr are my two to watch. Haney is another. Tank has no discipline and while I rank Ryan Garcia highly, I think he'll be chin-checked.

Comment

Originally posted by pacphobia View Post
                mayweather :lol1:
                LOL! Froid fought Andre Berto in 2015. That MMA guy was in 2017 (non boxer does not count). Sorry dog you are barking up the wrong tree.

Comment

Teo or Shakur

Comment

It's far too early to even make an educated guess.

It could be a guy who hasn't even made his pro debut yet who wins his first title in 4 years time then goes on to close out the decade unbeaten after 5 years of title defences.

Comment

I won't even be alive but Broner

Comment

Working...
                      X