No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barry Hearn: Joshua-Fury Has 95% of Taking Place in 2021

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    I just remember everyone telling me I'm crazy taking AJ in their rematch. Fury is the best but I just don't know which one shows up??? I mean he looked like dog sht in that Wallin fight. All it takes is one lapse of judgment and Fury could be in serious trouble. Wilder isn't as bad as everyone is making him out to be. Just like I knew Ruiz wasn't that great
    I think people are underestimating Wallin. He’s been spoke about in boxing circles since like his fifth fight. He’ll be hard work for any of the top boys, win or lose.

My belief is, if Wilder couldn’t beat Fury in the first fight, he simply can’t beat him. The more time goes on the sharper Fury will get. I also have no worries about Fury turning up either; people speak about his mental health issues but he was in a major downfall a good year or so before he beat Klitschko. During the Klitschko fight he was almost at rock bottom and still pulled off an easy win.

Don’t get me wrong, Wilder will always have that puncher’s chance against anybody, but Fury has proven he’s the far superior boxer to the point that he makes Wilder look like a first year amateur and he’s also proven he can take Wilder’s power, in both fights. For him to beat Fury it’ll take two things; Fury becoming complacent like he did in the first fight, which I doubt will happen, and Wilder landing an absolute peach of a shot, which I also doubt will happen.

And Wilder really is as bad as people make him out to be lol he’s the least technically able fighter in the top 50 current heavyweights. You can’t be a good boxer if you struggle with the likes of Molina, Washington and Szpilka lol

Comment

Originally posted by Sayithowitisuk View Post
      I think exactly the same. Fury wants to beat Wilder & Aj then retire happy in what he's achieved.
      My fear is Hearn won't allow that so no fight.
      I hope Fury does it. Then watch Aj & Wilder avoid each other scurrying for the easy belts, Fury's belts all over again.

That’s the only reason why I feel Wilder needs to take the rematch right away

Originally posted by denium View Post
      Fury will walk away, and then return in 10 years to defeat the new king of the division, whoever that might be.

If that were to happen , then I would consider him an atg

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
        Covid=force mejure=get out of contract free card.
        NO. You cannot simply get out. Delayed yes but not out. So, Fury vs. Wilder won't take place in July as anticipated but will take place next whether the conditions allow.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
          NO. You cannot simply get out. Delayed yes but not out. So, Fury vs. Wilder won't take place in July as anticipated but will take place next whether the conditions allow.
          Ofc you can, especially cuz the latest date is July 18th. If that's not force mejure, nothing is.

Comment

It's fantastic to see the Hearns in this position , I remember before Joshua was annihilated him not wanting their cash cow derailed ,I quote Barry Hearn 'if Joshua doesn't fight Wilder for the next ten years but carries on wining (fighting nobodies) then i'll take that' If Joshua and the Hearns had any real confidence they could have already fought Wilder twice by now and Fury would be the one begging ! 50/50 this year ...yea ok! it's 50/50 if there is any boxing at all this year and Tyson is fighting Wilder again ...crazy , ****** talk!

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
              He only has 2 more fights before he retires , this according to him
              Wasn’t he on top of the world when he became lineal champion
              He walked away , so can’t see him not doing it again
              The money wasnt close to what it is now. This is a post AJ/Eddie Hearn boxing economy. TF would have made £10m max from a big fight back then. Now he'd get $20-30m vs any old bum.

Comment

Working...
              X