Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Frustrated With Kell Brook, Eyes Jessie Vargas Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Liam Smith Frustrated With Kell Brook, Eyes Jessie Vargas Fight

Former WBO light middleweight world champion Liam Smith (29-2-1, 16 KOs) has his eye on a fight with Jessie Vargas should a fight with Kell Brook not materialise this year. Boxing in 2020 is currently at a standstill because of the deadly Covid-19 worldwide pandemic, and Smith says that should boxing resume in the summer then a fight with Brook has to happen by the end of the year or it never will.
    [Click Here To Read More]

What is the reason behind Eddie Hearn failing to make Kell Brook fight his fellow Matchroom stable mates? Kell Brook ducked Amir Khan, when Khan was signed with Matchroom and now Kell Brook is ducking Liam Smith.

Kell Brook is a time waster, however, I can only hope this is a good sign for a potential showdown between P4P Terence Crawford and Kell Brook.

Comment

Sorry Liam but Britain wouldn't be buzzing..

Trying to dress up a turd simply doesn't work. It's still a turd..

Comment

Smith is a very rugged fighter. He’s like the British Angulo. At this stage Brook knows better

Comment

Would be nice if Eddie could convince Liam to fight Israil Madrimov! Dude is a monster! From the eye test, he seems to be ready to be fast-tracked just like Lomachenko! Only has 5 pro fights, but he's already 25!

Comment

Originally posted by Bunch Pag View Post
            Sorry Liam but Britain wouldn't be buzzing..

Trying to dress up a turd simply doesn't work. It's still a turd..
            Could not agree more. I like both fighters but so much better fights can be made. And if thats where sky is hoping to go, that's worrying.

Comment

Pointless fight.

Comment

Vargas takes on more challenges than Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
                  Vargas takes on more challenges than Brook.
                  After the Porter fight nobody wanted to fight Brook. He was in the 'who needs him' club. Cotto, Garcia, Thurman, Khan, Vargas all turned down lucrative offers. Folk forget that. That's why he ended up getting frustrated and jumping 2 divisions to fight a prime GGG as the low level of mando's were doing nothing for him.

Then he made the crazy mistake of boiling back down to 147 after turning pro at that weight to fight Spence. I had him up at the half way point but clearly gassed due to the weight and Spence to his credit came on strong and forced the stoppage via another broken eye socket.

But as for challenges, Vargas has never jumped up 2 divisions to fight a monster and then boil back down 2 divisions to fight another.

Comment

Originally posted by Ant1979 View Post
                    After the Porter fight nobody wanted to fight Brook. He was in the 'who needs him' club. Cotto, Garcia, Thurman, Khan, Vargas all turned down lucrative offers. Folk forget that. That's why he ended up getting frustrated and jumping 2 divisions to fight a prime GGG as the low level of mando's were doing nothing for him.

Then he made the crazy mistake of boiling back down to 147 after turning pro at that weight to fight Spence. I had him up at the half way point but clearly gassed due to the weight and Spence to his credit came on strong and forced the stoppage via another broken eye socket.

But as for challenges, Vargas has never jumped up 2 divisions to fight a monster and then boil back down 2 divisions to fight another.
                    I see that you are re-writing history there. Every time Brook had anything in the talks he got hurt like he always do. They were looking for more for a big money fight than actually fighting top contenders in his weight. I never heard of any talks to non of those guys you mentioned but Khan.

****, he even had a fight lined up against Chaves and it never happened. They would mentioned a big name and fought a lower tier guy. He would be hurt so much that they would talk about matching him up against a top name but then had to clear his mandos.

Comment

Working...
                    X