Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charles Martin on Wilder: Why Wear 40-Pound Suit With Skinny Legs? His Fault!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
    We've been saying for years that Wilder lacks Boxing fundimentals and its all well and good knocking over bums but when you face top quality he is going to get exposed. And that's exactly what happened.

He should of started facing solid opposition 20 fights ago and he would of learned a hell of alot. But they chose the easy route, the fake route giving him a fantastic record but a terrible resume. They stroked his massive ego whilst hiding all his frailties.

Being blinded by LED lights and wearing a heavy costume for 1 fight is not to blame for bad feet works or big tells for a straight right about to be thrown.

The blame needs to go on the people around Wilder through his career who have fed the ego and fed him bums.
    People are over-reacting to a single defeat as usual. Whatever the reason Wilder wasn't himself. Even Fury has said that

Wilder isn't the best boxer out there but he isn't terrible - people need to start explaining how he has landed so many punches on Fury if he is that bad.

I'd love for Wilder to win just to show people that you never jump to conclusions. To see people proclaiming Wilder the greatest HW ever would just be hilarious too. But Tyson Fury fans will have asked for it - if that happens.

Fury is being proclaimed the best after beating an old Wlad and an unproven Wilder and having never defended a belt. So why not Wilder if he beats him?

Comment

Every version of Wilder is still better than Martin.

Comment

I personally think the way Wilder acted going into the ring that night, showed me someone who was nervous and on edge. Then the result obviously showed dodgy punch resistance as well.

Comment

He still beats Martin even with those skinny legs and that costume.

Comment

Originally posted by Roberto Vasquez View Post
            They mean long term exposure. I don't believe it would have affected a pro-athlete that badly. I've played Nintendo Virtual Boy, trust me.

Having said sure Wilder didn't look himself. But could be any reason. I think Fury is in for a surprise in the rematch. But I'd still pick Fury to win. I think Wilder has a good chance though. He's faster than pretty much every HW out there and hits hard. People who write him off are fools
            Post-concussions may cause long term light-sensitivity after brain injury. Obviously, boxers get hit on the skull and suffer considerably more brain and nerve damage compared to athletes from other sports.

As noted in my previous comments, dizziness/vertigo is among the symptoms that arise from the aforementioned brain disorder.

Comment

Soooo... Martin knocked someone out with a hook that didn't see it coming??? Wow! That's like knocking someone out with a sucker punch. Very tough.

Stay classy prince Charles.

Comment

Yea.. Keep talking martin.. We all seen u go to england and walk the earth like a god.. For two rounds. Lol. Wilder woulda destroy u right now with a torn bicep. Lol.

Comment

interesting post

Comment

Martin is trash!

Funny how Martin talks s**t, but looks like s**t in every one of his fights. He looked like fat garbage against Washington. Washington is a stiff robot begging to be KO'd, so no real accomplishment there. BTW, Wilder could be wearing that idiotic suit with the face mask on and still KO Martin with ease....He was right as far it being a stupid excuse on Wilders part. But we heard some equally ridiculous crap from Martin before and after his "fight" (quit-job) against Joshua.

Ike out.....

Comment

Anything you do before you step through ropes is preparation and your responsibility.
                      You wouldn't take a cold shower 5 minutes before getting in ring, or do a 5 Mike run, or bench pressed with 300lbs for 3 sets. So why wear 40kg suit?
                      Maybe fury could wear a 40 kg suit. But that's ok because he wouldn't use it as excuse if he lost..

Comment

Working...
                      X