Comments Thread For: Barrera Breaks Down Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
    That’s the official record.

Pacquiao didn’t lose once to barrera, was the underdog and beat him from pillar to post. And yet you didn’t even pacquiao is his daddy lol

I could agree that morales is not as his best after the first pacquiao fight. But pac was also not prime yet on those fights. He reached his peak when was 28-32.

Marquez-pacquiao was always a close fight.
    One judge admitted he gave pac 10-7 despite of the 3 knockdowns. So it would’ve been a win for pac.
    Second fight, the knockdown gave pacquiao the edge.
    I had marquez winning the 3rd one when i was watching it live.
    But had second thoughts when i continued to rewatched it.

Marquez will always be pac’s kryptonite stylewise. What carries pac is his balls and his athletism against him. It’s a surprise how well he does against marquez when he is tailormade for him.

So No, base on their fights none of them is pacquiao’s daddy. lol

Floyd is canelo’s daddy.
    Nothing come close to that.
    I didn't mention Barrera because this thread is about Marquez vs Morales.

I agree that Pacquiao should have gotten the win in the first Marquez fight. But to me he lost 2 and 3. And obviously 4.

Floyd schooled a prime Canelo. No question about that.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      If my memory serves me correctly, I called it the way it is.. yes he won against Jaca, but he was getting touched up and bleeding all over, and Jimrex is far from being elite.

I didn’t say EM fights that way, I said he needs to fight that way. The boring the fight is the better chance you got in winning against marquez. Nullify his countrrs. Don’t bring the action towards him because you’ll going to pay the price.. unless you’re so much bigger to maul him which EM was not. EM is highly capable to fight tall and rangy if it fits the strategy — his patience would be the challenge as EM also likes to bang.

Marquez can fight on the front foot but way less effective when he is the one countering. Raheem was a mover and would have given Marquez same amount of problems. He was very cagey.

MAB-JMM came late into the former’s career. So for me, it didn’t really answer much. Same as EM vs Diaz. Why would we base their fantasy fights off that?? Let’s base it when their like 28 or what?

A lot of fans here in the forum even pick marquez over cotto at 147 lol. Just because of his win against pac. I like marquez a lot but he is surely a bit overrated in the higher weights where he has proven none outside of pacquiao.

So i’ll stick with my assessment. To beat marquez you gotta use movement and range. 3 of his clear losses, those men did that. The more you want war the more marquez bangs you, dude has great chin, recovery period and an elite combination thrower. Stay out of the fkn way. If morales bangs, then he’s helping marquez.
      Jesus, you're a stubborn one - even doubling down on you revisionist b.s. that Jimrex Jaca owned JMM - even though he got beat up and KO'd in the 9th. Weird that you couldn't even acknowledge that mistake.

As for the rest, you again make yourself look like you don't know anything about ANY of these guys. You insist that EM would easily beat JMM by fighting in a style that he NEVER, EVER fought and that he NEVER, EVER would fight.

With regard to JMM-MAB, that fight answered plenty. JMM>MAB. It's hard to make MAB's age an excuse since he's actually younger than JMM. As far as a JMM-Cotto fight, I don't recall that ever being seriously considered. As I recall JMM was always a bit behind Cotto in weight. By the time JMM moved up to take on Floyd at WW, Cotto was already moving up to JMW and later to MW. Match these two at 140lbs and it could have been a good scrap, but Cotto was always the naturally bigger man (JMM fought only once at 140, I think).

Anyway, you're not a JMM fan. That's obvious. Maybe spend some time doing a video review of his career (as well as those of EM and MAB), and you will undoubtedly develop a greater appreciation for him. He was great.

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
        Jesus, you're a stubborn one - even doubling down on you revisionist b.s. that Jimrex Jaca owned JMM - even though he got beat up and KO'd in the 9th. Weird that you couldn't even acknowledge that mistake.

As for the rest, you again make yourself look like you don't know anything about ANY of these guys. You insist that EM would easily beat JMM by fighting in a style that he NEVER, EVER fought and that he NEVER, EVER would fight.

With regard to JMM-MAB, that fight answered plenty. JMM>MAB. It's hard to make MAB's age an excuse since he's actually younger than JMM. As far as a JMM-Cotto fight, I don't recall that ever being seriously considered. As I recall JMM was always a bit behind Cotto in weight. By the time JMM moved up to take on Floyd at WW, Cotto was already moving up to JMW and later to MW. Match these two at 140lbs and it could have been a good scrap, but Cotto was always the naturally bigger man (JMM fought only once at 140, I think).

Anyway, you're not a JMM fan. That's obvious. Maybe spend some time doing a video review of his career (as well as those of EM and MAB), and you will undoubtedly develop a greater appreciation for him. He was great.

Lol did you even watch the fight????!!!!! Am i wrong to say jimrex was touching him up? I didn’t say he was getting owned. But he was definitely in a war with him.. and jimrex is not considered elite at all.

You’re obviously a fanboyy getting hurt by other people’s assessment other than your own.

I didn’t say cotto-jmm was ever been considered in real life you dummy with low comprehension. It was also a fantasy debate here like this one and many were considering marquez over cotto eventhough he didn’t prove ish in the higher weights. So i maintained that he’s a bit overrated above 135.

So EM is just gonna come in there without a gameplan to nullify marquez and just be himself eventhough the blueprint is all over the place on how to beat him??? Wtf is wrong with you. It’s a basically a suggestion on how EM should fight marquez.

Bradley found success in the later rounds when decided to box and use movement against JMM.

But whatever man. Didn’t know you’re just another fanboy.

Comment

Working...
        X