Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barrera Breaks Down Juan Manuel Marquez vs. Erik Morales

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Both guys at featherweight-super featherweight would have been something else. Barn-burner for sure. If forced to pick a winner, I'd probably say JMM by razor close decision.

Comment

I want to hear from their son Pacquiao, which of his daddies does he think would win?

Comment

This would've been a crazy fight. Morales on the attack and Marquez countering 🥊

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          I want to hear from their son Pacquiao, which of his daddies does he think would win?
          Pac is 6-2-1 with 3 KOs against them

So please explain

Comment

Originally posted by NachoMan View Post
            Both guys at featherweight-super featherweight would have been something else. Barn-burner for sure. If forced to pick a winner, I'd probably say JMM by razor close decision.
            130 marquez was getting hammered by the jimrex jacas of the world. He’d lose to raheem too, same way he lost to Chris John.
            We simply overrate him a little because he did better against pac than the other two.
            But we forget to mention he just got pac’s number and stylewise his kryptonite. He is all wrong for pac, and only pac’s balls and special athleticism carries him against marquez.

The morales that beat pac beats 130 version of marquez.
            Jab jab him from the outside.
            Marquez doesn’t know how to effectively fight on the front foot, his weakness is to potshot him. Chris john, bradley and floyd all did that.
            Pac doesn’t want to fight like that. He wants war.

If morales doesn’t give him a war, marquez will lose. He just needs to fight long and tall. And control the distance.

Comment

Pac is the only boxer who fought and beat all the greatest mexican fighter.

Comment

This fight would have been great even late in their careers. Morales was pursuing so much with a fight against Marquez while Marquez was pursuing for a 3rd Pac fight. If only Pac didn’t give him that rematch, Marquez would have no better options and Marquez vs Morales would have happened. Ironically, Bob their previous promoter, stole the show when he pirated Marquez away from GB

Comment

JMM was a cheat that's all I can say.

Comment

Morales master feints would have Márquez countering the air and then getting smacked across the jaw. Morales ud 12 with at least 1 knockdown.

Comment

Pacquiao is 8-2 against all 3 ATGs but he's their son, sure, considering Pacquiao is the youngest out of all 4.

Comment

Working...
                      X