Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Gervonta Davis Has No Discipline; It's Catching Up To Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez: Gervonta Davis Has No Discipline; It's Catching Up To Him

Teofimo Lopez is much more concerned with his own fight versus Vasiliy Lomachenko, but he did take notice of Gervonta Davis' lightweight debut. Davis initially came in overweight for his fight against Yuriorkis Gamboa on December 28. Though he eventually made weight, Davis drew criticism for not stopping an injured, 38-year-old Gamboa until the 12th round of their fight for the then-vacant WBA world 135-pound championship at State Farm Arena in Atlanta.
    [Click Here To Read More]

GERVONTA IS A 2 TIME WORLD CHAMP AND SELLING OUT ARENAS IN MULTIPLE STATES AROUND THE COUNTRY YOU BUM! YOU CANT EVEN SELL OUT THE SMALL THEATRE AT MSG HAHAHAHAHAHAH..... BEATING COMMEY MEANS NOTHING!

Comment

Want to c these 2 box, smack-talk while y'all @ it & this covid19 bullcrap isn't over yet

Comment

Discipline can only get you so far. Teofimo with all the discipline gonna get whooped by Loma.

Comment

No disrespect, Gervonta does sell places out, but that wasn't the subject. The subject was his discipline, which is a valid point. When discussing boxing, some folks always point to sold out arenas and all that. So what? That can be more of a function of the team behind a fighter than his skills, per se. In this case, with Gervonta, it's both. But Broner had a team behind him. It didn't stop him from losing fights due to lack of discipline. So Lopez's point is very valid.

Comment

Originally posted by HaymonsPlanet View Post
            GERVONTA IS A 2 TIME WORLD CHAMP AND SELLING OUT ARENAS IN MULTIPLE STATES AROUND THE COUNTRY YOU BUM! YOU CANT EVEN SELL OUT THE SMALL THEATRE AT MSG HAHAHAHAHAHAH..... BEATING COMMEY MEANS NOTHING!
            Who is talking about selling our arenas? Amir Khan sells more tickets than Porter...who's better tho?

Btw, the commey win is more impressive than any W tank has. Also, he's running at the chance to fight Loma, while Tank is hiding behind Floyd talking about "I'm only 22 years old...no rush to fight Loma" beech ass

Comment

Originally posted by archiemoore1 View Post
              No disrespect, Gervonta does sell places out, but that wasn't the subject. The subject was his discipline, which is a valid point. When discussing boxing, some folks always point to sold out arenas and all that. So what? That can be more of a function of the team behind a fighter than his skills, per se. In this case, with Gervonta, it's both. But Broner had a team behind him. It didn't stop him from losing fights due to lack of discipline. So Lopez's point is very valid.
              Excellent points and those that comment about arenas blah blah know little about boxing. Hell, Broner still sells out arenas. He has a great promotional team behind him. As such, people don’t like him and that plays into ticket sales and PPV as well because a large number wish to see him knocked out.

I’ll be the first to admit I watched Mayweather fights to see him get knocked out or even deducted points for excessive holding. I still to this day don’t know how he was ever able to go through his career and not be deducted points for that.

Comment

He's exactly right.

Gervonta Davis is showing a lack of discipline and it's going to catch up to him if he doesn't change.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingfanatic75 View Post
                  Excellent points and those that comment about arenas blah blah know little about boxing. Hell, Broner still sells out arenas. He has a great promotional team behind him. As such, people don’t like him and that plays into ticket sales and PPV as well because a large number wish to see him knocked out.

I’ll be the first to admit I watched Mayweather fights to see him get knocked out or even deducted points for excessive holding. I still to this day don’t know how he was ever able to go through his career and not be deducted points for that.
                  Excessive holding? Lol, you are misinformed.

Which fight did Mayweather display excessive holding? The PAC fight where there were only eighteen clinches in the whole fight, divide by 12 (twelve rounds) and that's 1.5, less than two clinches per round.

Lol, excessive holding my buttocks.

Comment

Lopez would KO this bum

Comment

Working...
                    X