No announcement yet.

Watching 90s heavyweight boxing and that era's overrated due to nostalgia

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
    You don't have another boxer you like other than Anthony Joshua? All your threads basically come back to the same thing.
    I only care about heavyweights 90% of the time and that's what I create threads about.

I don't care too tough about the other midgets. If you don't like it, ignore the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      I'd pick Josh and Fury to be amongst the elites in the 90s. And I'd favour the both of them to beat Bowe easily.

As for Wilder: that one trick wouldn't have worked in the 90s since the guys in that era were on a different type of juice and they won't be falling down due to one exaggerated punch. Wilder would be a contender at best but I see the likes of Ruddock, Golota, McCall, Mercer, Tua and Tucker knocking him out clean.
      I have to disagree with your opinion on Bowe, but we're not a million miles apart. However, I don't see any of today's guys beating Lewis and I think Witherspoon would likely be too crafty, know a bit too much.

In terms of technique, we can't look down on the 90's when Wilder was WBC champ for years.

Comment

Thread starter is a troll guys. The new fighters are better and old fighters cant carry my jockstrap troll but modernized and taken to the extreme

Anyone who has boxed knows this guy is either a troll or a huge fanboy of tje bigboys in todays hw

Comment

Originally posted by RightJabLikeZab View Post
          You don't have another boxer you like other than Anthony Joshua? All your threads basically come back to the same thing.
          Bingoooooo he even ducked my response in the second page lmao check it out

Comment

Originally posted by Long jabber View Post
            Thread starter is a troll guys. The new fighters are better and old fighters cant carry my jockstrap troll but modernized and taken to the extreme

Anyone who has boxed knows this guy is either a troll or a huge fanboy of tje bigboys in todays hw
            Another remedial dumb yank. Why do most of you have low IQ for fcck sake?

The 90s is overrated as fcck. Too bad the modern has no yank dominating because most of you are soft and dumb. Deal with that, you plonker.

Comment

Another remedial dumb yank. Why do most of you have low IQ for fcck sake?

The 90s is overrated as fcck. Too bad the modern has no yank dominating because most of you are soft and dumb. Deal with that, you plonker.
              Ur an idiot. Bet youve never stepped into a ring in your life

Comment

“That era where there were no good British fighters. Overrated.”

-BangEm

As predictable and boring as he is wrong. Like clock work.

Comment

Originally posted by Long jabber View Post
                  Ur an idiot. Bet youve never stepped into a ring in your life
                  LMAO. I’ll cave yer head in the ring and beat you to a pulp. Weak yanks, man.

There’s a reason why I can confidently say the 90s era is overrated. Once you remove Mike Tyson who had a unique style but no heart; Lennox Lewis who did a lot of things right and had a great lead right hook that he follows up with a crisp uppercut, his big right and effective jab; and Holyfield who did almost everything right - the rest were basic and not as good as advertised. And it’s the same with this era. I can say that confidently because I study tapes. Can you?

Suck ya madda, you peasant!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMyspaceDayz View Post
                    “That era where there were no good British fighters. Overrated.”

-BangEm

As predictable and boring as he is wrong. Like clock work.
                    If tyson and lewis werent around bruno would have been a shoe in hof/atg

Comment

LMAO. I’ll cave yer head in the ring and beat you to a pulp. Weak yanks, man.

There’s a reason why I can confidently say the 90s era is overrated. Once you remove Mike Tyson who had a unique style but no heart; Lennox Lewis who did a lot of things right and had a great lead right hook that he follows up with a crisp uppercut, his big right and effective jab; and Holyfield who did almost everything right - the rest were basic and not as good as advertised. And it’s the same with this era. I can say that confidently because I study tapes. Can you?

Suck ya madda, you peasant!
                      Tua and ike were solid fighters. I believe any top 10 from any era could rise to the occasion if they were transported to another era magically or some ****. These are men with strong desires to win most even ready to give up their lives to win. Boxing is skill then will then athleticism in terms of importance. You can only get so strong or so fast, and unless people start growing another arm or leg techniques are not gonna change and evolve past what we have now(same stuff from the 60s 70s 80s 90s 00s 10s). Dont underestimate a mans desire to win

Comment

Working...
                      X