Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guys I’m so bored, did mike Tyson ever beat an ATG in their prime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mooshashi View Post
    I approve of this post. Logical, clear and concise. Well done, sir.
    Originally posted by chirorickyp View Post
    That is the best and accurate analysis of this post. Let's add the fear factor and that there was no way anyone could fathom how to stop that force. The only way that could happen was for him not to train and have every distraction in the world in addition to wealth and mental health issues so that he could be a shell of Mike Tyson. It was a short time period but it was amazing. That's why he always was the face of boxing and still the most well known boxer today.

chiro - I'm still scared of Mike Tyson.

Comment

Because he was a dominant and undisputed heavyweight champion. All those guys are considered to be one of the greatest ever.

Originally posted by Mr Giggles View Post
      Interesting. So why is mike Tyson considered one of the greatest ever if not the greatest ever if he hasn’t beat any ATG prime fighters???

Comment

tyson is the most overhyped boxer of all time. legit has no great win on his resume and lost all his big fights, aj surpassed his resume with the wlad win.
        people on here with a straight face try to tell me holmes who was retired for 2 years, fat, out of shape and on short notice is a better win than wlad who always keeps himself in shape. it doesn't matter what holmes did after the tyson loss, he fought him when coming out of retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
          Mike's "prime" was literary the time there was no decent competition. The older generation was on a decline and the younger one hadn't arrived. As soon as the competition came, Mike's "prime" ended.

I find it weird when people say Mike's prime ended in 1989. How can your "prime" end at the age of 23? If it did, then you simply shouldn't even call it a prime. Simply call it an opportunistic window when the competition was low and you shined.
          his prime ended when he lost lmao we all know tyson beats anyone in fantasy match, he doesn't need to prove it in the ring we just know

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

chiro - I'm still scared of Mike Tyson.
            And Marvis Frazier had to look across the ring and see the most viscious version of him. Poor guy did no wrong in his life and he had to meet that in a squared circle. Brutal and not fair. It should have been Feinstein or any child ******er who ever lived.

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
              Mike's "prime" was literary the time there was no decent competition. The older generation was on a decline and the younger one hadn't arrived. As soon as the competition came, Mike's "prime" ended.

I find it weird when people say Mike's prime ended in 1989. How can your "prime" end at the age of 23? If it did, then you simply shouldn't even call it a prime. Simply call it an opportunistic window when the competition was low and you shined.
              - -U dumb or just stoopid?

Mike broke heavy boxing records til the end of time. Part of his success was having 3 HOFer guiding him. When they passed and Givens and King got their hooks in him and being placed on experimental psychotropic sedatives, his prime ended.

Clearly he enters a tragic downward spiral as all but a dolt can see.

Comment

Originally posted by Skip Bayless View Post
                tyson is the most overhyped boxer of all time. legit has no great win on his resume and lost all his big fights, aj surpassed his resume with the wlad win.
                people on here with a straight face try to tell me holmes who was retired for 2 years, fat, out of shape and on short notice is a better win than wlad who always keeps himself in shape. it doesn't matter what holmes did after the tyson loss, he fought him when coming out of retirement.
                - -Skippy sweets, tubby Lar forced the fight on Tyson.

Been training in his own gym for a year just for that fight in between appearing at every Tyson fight calling him out and profaning him.

What grade U in skippy?

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                  You might be right on that. I just think Douglas had a style that Mike would struggle with. But 7/10 is probably a stretch. The other guys though, I am certain on. Mike had skills and power. But he was small, got frustrated easily and folded, and would go as far as gave up under pressure.
                  Do you even watch tyson fights? Where outside of his last two fights has he ever been frustrated and folded because of another mans skill? Mike never gave up even when he was shot untrained against botha he was still looking for that ko punch and got it. Ydksab

Comment

Originally posted by Nash out View Post
                    It was a comedy version of the list. But let's be honest, Tyson beat nobody even close to great. Holmes was a good win, but it was clear Holmes was well past the force he once was.
                    Tyson beat a couple of good fighters in his time. He beat guys that were the highest ranked / champions in the 80s like Berbick, Spinks, Biggs, Tucker, Holmes, Thomas, Bruno, etc. And beat highly ranked guys from the 90s and some who were champions too like Bruno, Golota, Ruddock.

But yes, he did fall short at the highest level in the 90s.

He still had a fun career.

Comment

Originally posted by Slicedbread View Post
                      Lol..

Buster Douglas disagrees.

Tyson is probably the most overrated boxer. But for good reason. His style was so fun to watch and the manner of him destroying guys placed nostalgia blinds over his actual accomplishments

Nah, he’s not overrated.
                      The box office numbers prove otherwise.

Comment

Working...
                      X