• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    Maravilla !

the PROVEN guy

Golovkin avoided world-class mover/spoilers like the plague

he could have fought FIVE mover/spoilers... all of them would be the best win on Golovkin's resume... but, he fought none

there is a damn good reason why none of those fights got made

and here is that reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7c3-WVFa gM
    Let me guess “he ducked” Lara or Andrade.😂😂

GGG was the guy getting ducked. None of the top middleweights wanted a piece of GGG until he began to show signs of decline.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      I actually think Martinez’s prime was probably around 35-36. I think the wins over Pavlik, Williams and Dzinziruk (probably spelt that wrong) were his best performances. I was never that impressed with him at 154 tbh, I thought he beat Cintron but it wasn’t an elite performance by any stretch. It was a shame he never got the Forrest (RIP) fight, I don’t like to speak ill of the dead but I do think Forrest somewhat avoided a fight with Martinez.
      He koed cintron,it was by a punch and not a headbutt.But I think GGG would just be too much for him.

Comment

I loved Sergio when he was on his reign but I do think a prime Golovkin gives him the work. It would be a great fight but a prime GGG was a beast. That hands down style got Sergio caught plenty of times and the power that Golovkin had in his prime was insane.

Comment

GGG's pace, constant pressure, punching power and stamina would be too much for Martinez. Martinez flashy defense wouldn't work at all. Martinez would get caught and knocked out. GGG stops Martinez in a one sided fight.
          Last edited by VatoMulatto; 03-22-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ippo View Post
            He koed cintron,it was by a punch and not a headbutt.But I think GGG would just be too much for him.
            Agreed, was a terrible refereeing performance and two of the judges were just as bad in scoring it a draw.

Comment

Never liked either guy, but I think Sergio dominates this one.
              Just too much movement for a guy like ggg.

Only question is would it be a stoppage?
              GG has an ok chin, but he also plods, which would mean eating a lot of viscious shots from a guy like sergio

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                Maravilla !

the PROVEN guy

Golovkin avoided world-class mover/spoilers like the plague

he could have fought FIVE mover/spoilers... all of them would be the best win on Golovkin's resume... but, he fought none

there is a damn good reason why none of those fights got made

and here is that reason...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7c3-WVFa gM
                LOL WHUT? GGG was their back in 2012 and maravilla wanted NONE OF THAT. Stop with the revisionism already.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Jesus View Post
                  Never liked either guy, but I think Sergio dominates this one.
                  Just too much movement for a guy like ggg.

Only question is would it be a stoppage?
                  GG has an ok chin, but he also plods, which would mean eating a lot of viscious shots from a guy like sergio
                  Plods??? Not at all. GGG has pretty good footwork, and he’s very adept at cutting the ring off.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                    Plods??? Not at all. GGG has pretty good footwork, and he’s very adept at cutting the ring off.
                    Somehow the older version has completely erased the younger version and the one we see now is the one we've seen all along.

Comment

Originally posted by strykr619 View Post
                      LOL WHUT? GGG was their back in 2012 and maravilla wanted NONE OF THAT. Stop with the revisionism already.

FACT: Golovkin had done nothing to step in front of Martinez money-fight with Cotto

and guess what... he still hasn't

FACT: Cotto would still get that fight ahead of Golovkin, even now LMAO

also, Martinez signed a agreement with HBO to face Golovkin next, should he get past Cotto

you clowns just love running in to throw BETTER fighters under a bus... whenever your hypejob needs someone to pull his panties up

you have no idea if Golovkin could beat Pavlik

you KNOW that Martinez can beat Pavlik

Comment

Working...
                      X