Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Marriaga, Conlan Return - To Proceed Without Fans Due To Coronavirus

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
    I mean most networks would love for boxing to continue since other sports will be on hiatus and a bunch of people will stay home on the weekends. But what if a fighter catches the virus? Then entire card of fighters plus promoters will have to do two weeks of quarantine. Like it really doesn't make sense to continue putting on cards. Too much risk.
    Good point. We're about a year and a half away from a vaccine. I gotta wonder how big the impact of this is going to be.

Comment

I regularly watch heated sparring sessions in quiet atmospheres and i find it just as exciting as real fights.

If you are a hardcore boxing guy, it shouldnt matter. Sometimes i prefer to watch boxing with low volume anyway.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Stevenson-Marriaga, Conlan Return - To Proceed Without Fans Due To Coronavirus

NEW YORK In a move that was expected based on actions taken throughout the sports world, Top Rank's Carl Moretti announced during a press conference Thursday that the promotional company's boxing cards scheduled for Saturday night and Tuesday night at Madison Square Garden's Hulu Theater will take place without fans in attendance due to the coronavirus pandemic.
        [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Smh...what a joke

Comment

This is insane. I can’t believe the coronavirus has created so many problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Good point. We're about a year and a half away from a vaccine. I gotta wonder how big the impact of this is going to be.
              Vaccine may take that long to get approved and in the US, but they can find ways to slow the virus sooner than that. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. But if I'm a fighter, do I really want to be fighting knowing there is a chance someone else on the card has coronavirus? What if their opponent has it? And you get their sweat and blood on you? Time to shut boxing down.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                Vaccine may take that long to get approved and in the US, but they can find ways to slow the virus sooner than that. Will be interesting to see how this all plays out. But if I'm a fighter, do I really want to be fighting knowing there is a chance someone else on the card has coronavirus? What if their opponent has it? And you get their sweat and blood on you? Time to shut boxing down.
                What about testing everybody beforehand?

Comment

Most people reading BoxingScene are going to get the virus and 99% of us will be ok if we are basically healthy now. Slowing the spread makes sense so that hospitals don't get overwhelmed. The more it's slowed down the less deaths of old and vulnerable folks there will be.

Nobody should be selfish and call this '******' - it's for the overall benefit - just like taxes.

Ok. Leave out the bit about taxes.

Comment

That is going to be a MUST, forever to enter the arena. But what if a fighter tests positive a day before the event? After having pressers or being around other fighters? Or what if a sparring partner tests positive? Just wayyyyyyy too risky.

Comment

that would definitely get it cancelled

Comment

Working...
                      X