No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Scott Quigg: Unfortunately You Can't Stop Father Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
    Really? He got stopped by Jono Carroll! I think that's a good indicator of where he is right now.
    That's just one performance. Great players in other sports lose to random people every now and again. It happens.

This is a bad comparison but I remember when Ricky Hatton lost to Mayweather and then Pacquiao and then retired. I was thinkign "WTF? you give up easy Ricky". Then sure enough a few years later he tried to come back (against a bad choice of opponent) when it was too late for him. Quigg needs to make sure

Comment

Originally posted by theface07 View Post
      Your point?
      Your actual age doesn't represent your age as a pro boxer. He's an old 31 who obviously doesn't have the reflexes or explosiveness he once had and for a puncher, who moves in straight lines for the most part, once your reflexes start to go, you don't have that movement and pure boxing ability to rely on. Quigg is not going to learn that after fighting one way his entire career. If you think 31 is too young for a boxer to retire you either didn't watch the fight or you DKSAB.
      If he had been in a dozen wars like Salido then you would have a relevant point, but hes only ever been in 1 proper war until he turned up last weekend looking shot to peices. Mentioning 'father time' when most people are in their prime at 31 is ridiculous, hence my comment...

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
        hes 31
        Quigg never had a prime.

Comment

Working...
        X