Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by harry-greb View Post
    Not great numbers. With the huge promotional push I thought it would do at least 1 million buys
    Neither guy was a PPV draw going into the fight. Pretty much every fight that has done over 1 Million buys have featured at least 1 established PPV draw.

This was the first fight whereby these guys have been promoted to a mainstream audience. If Fox and ESPN continue to promote these guys the 3rd fight with Fury and Wilder will do over a million buys.

Comment

Anthony Joshua is the B-side.

Comment

Arum? Where you at? Didn't he go on record claiming it will hit nearly 2 million buys? Wtf was he thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Anthony Joshua is the B-side.
          You know this fight didn’t break even right

Comment

Disappointing.

Comment

2mil was never gonna happen. 800k isn't a disaster though.

Comment

750k isn’t bad at all.

How many fighters outside of the obvious names like Floyd, Canelo etc. Were doing 750k in USA?

Even Canelo only does that with a real dance partner. He only used to do about 300k against the likes of Liam Smith..

Whatever the break even amount was is their business, but i think 750k for a boxing PPV in America right now should be seen as a pretty good result and showed that there’s still fans willing to pay for a good Heavyweight fight, which hasn’t been the case in years.

Comment

I thought the promotion and fighters did everything right, i was hopeful it would do better. I think its just the PPV climate nowadays. How many more PPVs do you think they would have sold if it was priced at 49.99? I cannot understand why they dont go for more buys at the lower rate...it benefits the bottom line and increased viewers means more potential fans going forward.

Comment

The 750,000 figure includes purchases through In Demand (all cable systems), DirecTV, Dish Network, ESPN+ and the FOX Sports app.

This number seems reasonable. Another poster indicated about 1.3 mil people watched the prelims on FS1 and ESPN2 so that would mean about 60% of those watching the prelims purchased the PPV.

Not what Arum expected though. He suggested 2 mil.

Comment

Better than I thought. That's what's up

Comment

Working...
                      X