Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury-Wilder Produced Just Over 750,000 PPV Buys; Could Reach 800,000

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not great numbers. With the huge promotional push I thought it would do at least 1 million buys

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
      "About 1.1 million buys is believed to have been the number needed for the networks and promoters to break even on the event."
      I guess that makes it a disappointment then. Although I’m sure the usual suspects will be here to tell us shortly why this is a roaring success and further evidence aj only deserves 20% of any potential split.

Comment

750,000? Yeah right. Can't trust the news anymore. My guess is no PPV without Floyd or Pac or Mcgregor gets 750,000 anymore. I'm suspicious they lied about Canelo-GGG PPV numbers too because if Canelo was really pulling 1 mil PPVs would he be on DAZN? Just saying...

I bet this sold 350k to 500k. Canelo-GGG probably sold 450k to 600K. Just a guess.

Comment

I know this is off topic but the way Fury is looking at Wilder in that pic captures Fury's mindset during that fight. He is clearly looking at him and thinking I'm about to beat your a$$

Comment

Originally posted by Fabes88 View Post
            I guess that makes it a disappointment then. Although I’m sure the usual suspects will be here to tell us shortly why this is a roaring success and further evidence aj only deserves 20% of any potential split.
            ...lol.... I won't be surprised.

Well, I brought it up 'cause lots of people comment here without reading the body of articles. Headings are all they read, which is rather shameful.

Comment

I guess Joshua/Wilder not on the table any more anyway unless Wilder beats Fury in III. Hearn has been pretty open about any Joshua/Fury affair being 50/50, so if Fury accepts that, it could be on, only barriers Wilder's trilogy option and location (i think Fury said he wanted Vegas, Hearn might prefer London)

Comment

As I said in another thread not terrible numbers but arum was talking about 2 million buys and I’m sure some of you wilder fan boys were lapping that up.

It’s a big improvement from the first though. I don’t see how a rematch is going to sell more though so good luck with that.
                Dude, you didnt really believe Arum when he said 2 million did you?

Comment

Idk why they say it's a good number... less than 1 mill isnt good at all cause they put so much promotion into this fight...fox/espn were reporting that millions saw the shoulder programming, the superbowl commercials, and the undercard... that's why I say what's the whole point of reporting all these views if at the end it that doesnt reflect who really watches the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by ThatDude44 View Post
                    Dude, you didnt really believe Arum when he said 2 million did you?
                    Lmao no I did not. He literally pulled that figure out of his ass I’ve said in earlier posts. but no matter what number they did that statement was bound to haunt him.

I mean as there ever been a second fight that’s sold 1.7 million more ppvs than the first??

Comment

considering all the promo and 2 networks pushing it. should of at least did a million but this is boxings climate in american these numbers arent bad considering the first fight was well under 500k. this is why fights like spence/crawford should not be ppv! if this didnt crack a million they surely wont. most people in america have no idea who any of these guys are. if you dont stir up controversy nobody cares.

Comment

Working...
                      X