Collapse
No announcement yet.

I see why Wilder avoided Wlad.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Most likely Wlad wins, but he had a questionable chin and Wilder could end it at any moment. Not like worse fighters than Wilder didn't stop Wlad.

Which is basically the case for any Wilder fight, no matter who he fights. He'll probably be losing on the cards, but he can end it with one punch.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
      Tarver picked boxing up late in his early-mid twenties, he didn’t turn pro until he was 29. Starting late doesn’t stop a fighter picking up the basics which Wilder was clearly missing. Wilder often resembles someone who has never boxed before.

You’re free to pick him but basically what you’re hoping for is that he lands a lucky bomb this time because he lacks the boxing ability to make any adjustments especially between now and the rematch.
      Tarver was a bad example: he had a decent KO percentage and did start late. What I'm saying is that Wilder has a unique style that relies on reflexes, mobility and explosiveness, all of which were hampered by his leg injury. Fury is in trouble in the rubber match, in my opinion, if Wilder is back in top form. Hopefully that will be the case and we'll be able to find out whose pick is right.

Comment

Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
        Tarver was a bad example: he had a decent KO percentage and did start late. What I'm saying is that Wilder has a unique style that relies on reflexes, mobility and explosiveness, all of which were hampered by his leg injury. Fury is in trouble in the rubber match, in my opinion, if Wilder is back in top form. Hopefully that will be the case and we'll be able to find out whose pick is right.
        "Leg injury"! I see you bought Wilder's excuse that a 40lb Halloween costume made of fabric, rubber and plastic exhausted the strength in his chicken legs and prevented him from punching. Whereas Knights of the 14th century wore armour made of steel and leather which weighed 45-55 lbs. And they fought in this, they didn't just walk from a dressing room to the fight site and remove it. Our soldiers and marines in the Middle East carry gear that weighs 60-100 lbs for long stretches, and they're at war! Poor Deontay and that taxing ring walk, in that heavy costume.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
          "Leg injury"! I see you bought Wilder's excuse that a 40lb Halloween costume made of fabric, rubber and plastic exhausted the strength in his chicken legs and prevented him from punching. Whereas Knights of the 14th century wore armour made of steel and leather which weighed 45-55 lbs. And they fought in this, they didn't just walk from a dressing room to the fight site and remove it. Our soldiers and marines in the Middle East carry gear that weighs 60-100 lbs for long stretches, and they're at war! Poor Deontay and that taxing ring walk, in that heavy costume.
          If you watched the PPV live, you would have heard Wilder say that he had a leg injury BEFORE the fight, but he fought on anyway

Comment

If you watched the PPV live, you would have heard Wilder say that he had a leg injury BEFORE the fight, but he fought on anyway
            I did watch it live, and he said something was going on with his leg among "other things". It has been well documented that he has since said the heavy costume weakened his legs. If his leg was actually injured, he sure covered it up well. I never saw him limp or even favor either leg. Nor have I heard him say which leg was injured or how. He got his ass beat, plain and simple.
            Last edited by SUBZER0ED; 02-28-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
              I did watch it live, and he said something was going on with his leg among "other things". It has been well documented that he has since said the heavy costume weakened his legs. If his leg was actually injured, he sure covered it up well. I never saw him limp or even favor either leg. Nor have I heard him say which leg was injured or how. He got his ass beat, plain and simple.
              Fury took a chance and he won. Let's see him try that again. I believe Wilder will be lighter, more mobile and much better prepared for any version of Fury. Don't blink. Wilder will win the rubber match in quick sudden fashion.

Comment

Love the article that just came out where Wilder says he was training with a 45 lb chest weight during training camp... there were even pictures of it.

Comment

Fury took a chance and he won. Let's see him try that again. I believe Wilder will be lighter, more mobile and much better prepared for any version of Fury. Don't blink. Wilder will win the rubber match in quick sudden fashion.
                  Nah. Fury is with Kronk and they are all about the KO. They know Wilder is a just a big puncher with a weak chin and very limited skills. If he actually takes this rubber match, his career & Psyche will be shattered by another loss.

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
                    Hindsight
                    20/20...
                    I don’t think anyone really needed hindsight..

Read this forum for the amount of comments on it previously. Only wilder fanboys didn’t realise he ducked him.

Comment

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
                      I don’t think anyone really needed hindsight..

Read this forum for the amount of comments on it previously. Only wilder fanboys didn’t realise he ducked him.
                      Opinions are like a$$holes......

Comment

Working...
                      X