No announcement yet.

Wilder parts ways with Mark Breland...This is horrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
    This man saved his life and he wants to part ways. I have no respect for Wilder or his corner anymore. As a person or a boxer. Its a disgrace to people who care about your well being.

And for Deas to throw Breland under the bus like that was some bad shlt. Hope Fury destroys him in the next fight. For good!!! Maybe Fury can hire Breland as a second trainer

https://www.vladtv.com/article/26089...g-in-the-towel
    I saw this coming and would probably do the same thing had it been me in there. Wilder was not taking any serious punishment at the moment that the fight was stopped and always has a chance to win with the power he possesses. Very bad towel throw, in my opinion, regardless of he was going to get stopped anyways.

Comment

Wilder would have undoubtedly been ruined as a fighter if Mark didn't step in.

Mark is why Wilder has a chance to fight another day

Comment

Originally posted by SinderellaMan View Post
        That is not my full quote.
        If you're going to try to spin it, at least read the entire quote numb skull.
        It was what mattered. I had no intent to spin anything.

Wilder didn't try to find a way out, didn't try to quit. He went out on his shield. I was agreeing with you, "numbskull"....

Comment

The best thing Wilder could have done is accept his loss, reflect on where he went wrong, regroup and rebuild for a fight against a top 10 heavyweight after some serious training in something other than his right hand.

Instead he does the worst thing imaginable. Deflect blame, delude himself, and fire the only guy in his corner who actually cared for his well being and long term health.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I’m sure Deontay is still hot about the way the fight went. Hopefully when he cools down a bit, he reconsiders. But that guy Deas as a total jerkoff. I couldn’t believe the way he shamelessly pointed his finger at Breland in the post-fight conference. Mark quite possibly saved Wilder from brain damage or even death.
            I would hope that Wilder isnt that much of a dirt bag to fire that man that most see as a hero. And Deas has to be seeing the comments out on social media about him. None which is good. Thats dude is a steaming pile of dogshlt

Comment

Yeah, this board is pretty tough on quitters and I am not seeing anyone disagreeing with that towel coming in when it did.

Wilder isn't in touch with the reality of his situation. Arguably had not won a single minute of any round, a minute and a half to go in the round, against the ropes taking punch after unanswered punch. Any trainer not throwing the towel should be charged with dereliction of duty.

Comment

I thought it was a good stoppage, Wilder was done his power was not gonna save him this time

But next time let him die or in a coma, see how his family feels about it there the ones that will suffer for his stubbornness

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
                  I saw this coming and would probably do the same thing had it been me in there. Wilder was not taking any serious punishment at the moment that the fight was stopped and always has a chance to win with the power he possesses. Very bad towel throw, in my opinion, regardless of he was going to get stopped anyways.
                  How the hell can you say that???????? He could barley stand up. He was bleeding from ear and mouth. His Eyes were closing and he couldnt move. He had no legs. and his punches had NO STEAM on them at all. To think he was gonna land a hail mary on Fury who can clearly tak his shots on a good day is crazy to think.

Even Bayless who was probably on the payroll told Wilder he needed to show him something in the 7th round or he would stop it. I can see if it was the 12th round. But he had 5 more rounds to go. And he was going down fast round by round.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                    Yeah, this board is pretty tough on quitters and I am not seeing anyone disagreeing with that towel coming in when it did.

Wilder isn't in touch with the reality of his situation. Arguably had not won a single minute of any round, a minute and a half to go in the round, against the ropes taking punch after unanswered punch. Any trainer not throwing the towel should be charged with dereliction of duty.
                    Absolutely.

I really thought he should’ve been pulled out after the 6th.

I’m obviously a Fury fan and was enjoying seeing him dominate Wilder but i thought enough was enough after 6 rounds and there was no point in sending him back out.

What some people forget is that it’s much worse taking that many shots from a fairly decent puncher like Fury than getting wiped out with one clean shot.

Fury was turning the screw and it was about to start getting dangerous.

Comment

I am not even going to watch the 3rd fight if they make it because I know I am going to die laughing in the press conferences just by listening to Fury. Oh Lord!!!!! Fury is going to have a field day with this fool!

Comment

Working...
                      X