Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Feels Wilder Should Not Do Trilogy, Explains Why

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
    We've seen fighters do the impossible and prove the fans and critics wrong over and over again in the sport of boxing. I believe he can win with the right strategy. It won't be easy, but it's definitely possible. I'd rather see him take on the biggest challenges than take soft fights.
    In that sense, the only way I could see Wilder winning a third fight is by applying the same strategy employed by Fury last Saturday. Namely, attack him from the very beginning, no prisoners taken, and see if he can hit Fury good when he's still cold. Especially if the latter comes overconfident and less focused.

But to be completely honest with you, I'd be very surprised if Wilder is still the same fighter after the brutal beating he took. However, should he knock Fury out in a theoretical third fight, that would be a massive achievement.

One never knows, indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by deanrw View Post
      Personally I think Wilder should take the trilogy and then retire. He has been looking more and more stiff and robotic over his past few fights. He either is not training correctly at all or his body is failing him. He cannot even get out of the way of punches. It is like he has no reflexes at all or his body is refusing to move. Seeing his head pop back like a PEZ any time Fury threw and landed was disturbing for me to watch. Something is off with him.
      ... It's the legs, doe... he never had legs, but now they failed him dramatically...

Comment

We've seen fighters do the impossible and prove the fans and critics wrong over and over again in the sport of boxing. I believe he can win with the right strategy. It won't be easy, but it's definitely possible. I'd rather see him take on the biggest challenges than take soft fights.
        Of course he could win with that kind of power but Fury really beat him twice. I think 1-2 soft touches before a rematch would make sense. It was a hard beating he just took. He needs time to recover and get the confidence back. All the excuses in the world wont change what happened. He got f#cked up at his own game...

Comment

They said the same thing about AJ when he got knocked down 4 times by Ruiz...
          AJ had stuff that he could have done differently. The only advantage Wilder had over Fury is power. Fury was able to neutralized that power. However, the only thing i see Wilder doing differently is walking down Fury. Wilder allowed Fury to dictate the pace and direction of the fight all the while not realizing he (Wilder) doesn't have the skills to fight backwards.

Comment

Unless Fury avuses again of his body, I don't see him been beaten by anybody, in this latest shape.

Comment

This is the problem. You are the problem The media, the piss poor fans, and the whole boxing community. Once a guy takes a loss he's finished and should take some **** fight. Knowing Wilders mentality he's going to want to take the fight. Get the big pay day and a chance to avenge the loss. He didn't suffer a brutal ko. Yes he got beat bad. He got outclassed. Yet any fighter can come back from a loss. Perhaps this will wake him up and make him improve on things he didn't before. Bottom line he's still one of the best. If he fights Fury again and he loses so be it Fury is just better. But he's gotta try to redeem himself. The Wilder I know will definitely try. I see him falling out with his team maybe. His assistant trainer was trying to protect him, but the head trainer wanted to respect wilders heart and let him go out. I think they should of let him continue. Kenny Bayless was close to stopping it anyway. Although he was getting pummeled that last flurry of punches were mostly blocked and he threw a counter left hook back. Usually a fight is stopped when the fighter is no longer defending themselves or throwing back. He seemed to be doing both those things, but I think the blood from the ear and also mouth played a factor too. Yes he can return, yes he still is one punch from ending a fight, yes ill watch again.

Comment

I said the same about AJ but he came back n won, maybe wilder will get back n the gym and develop the skills needed to win, I don't think its possible but something seemed off with him in this fight, he said he had sex b4 fights which is pretty stupid if true, I think he needs to drop those stupid walk in suits as well n come out like mike Tyson did just regular. but to write him off is plain stupid
                Last edited by uppercut510; 02-24-2020, 03:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... It's the legs, doe... he never had legs, but now they failed him dramatically...

It is worse than that. It reminds of of how Antoine Douglas or Glen Tapia react to punches. So damn stiff like something neurological is also off. Take the money and run I say.

Comment

Wilder is not a write off by any means. But I do believe Fury has his number and unless he’s looking to retire, I’d take sometime
                    to regroup and build up confidence on a handful of other opponents. Of course greedy promoters will pressure Deontay to take the immediate rematch for big dough. I hope he doesn’t do it.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      Wilder is forced to take the third fight... he doesn't have anywhere to go instead... even if the money is at half...
                      True and as I later learned a third fight could happen in the UK and that certainly would do well financially.

Comment

Working...
                      X