Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eddie Hearn - Wilder's been uncharacteristically quiet. Soul might be at MGM Grand

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
    Are you for real? So wilders tactic was to let himself be beat the Fck up - so that fury would punch himself out??

Some people are just so deluded. You sometimes have to just accept you can’t win every fight - Fury was the better fighter - try and acknowledge that and you will be far better for it
    That’s the thing about people who doesn’t understand boxing, Breland saved Wilder’s life. He had his mouth opened from the 3rd round onwards. People inside the arena were begging his corner to stop the fight in the 5th round.

These idiots think the right hand was coming, it shows the only person on his team who cared was Breland, he guy who was a boxer himself, Wilder’s was on the ropes taking punches, even the ref was looking at Wilder every second like he wanted to jump in and stop it.

For all the ego and bravado you can even tell Wilder was quitting on the ropes too. Breland knows there is a rematch clause, instead of taking more beating and getting KO, he saved Wilder life. These fan girls would not see that, because they are emotionally invested in Wilder SMDH.

Comment

I’m sure Joshua will fight wilder even with the loss.

His resume shows he has fought a lot of the top fighters already and he has openly said he wants to fight fury, wilder, Ortiz and Whyte again.

He’s since added Usyk to that mix of opponents and I’m sure the winner of dubios/Joyce maybe added.

Whether wilder will fight Joshua is the bigger question for me and that’s again just purely based on resume. However I would say he is improved significantly in more recent years taking on ortiz, Brezeale and fury is a huge step up from his previous opponents.

The real question for me is what does wilder choose to do next and does we have it in him to fight at the top level again? I don’t mean physically - I mean mentally.
      Depends how he reacts to it mentally. I thought he showed good maturity and poise in the loss. When he said that he was angry that his corner threw in the towel, he said he was angry because he wanted to go out on his shield, not because he thought he had a chance. That's a huge difference that nobody is talking about. Jay Deas needs to go though. He should have been gone years ago. Loyalty will hurt fighters in this business. Deas in the corner was as clueless as Jack Loew was in Kelly Pavlik's corner. Eventually when you become a world level boxer, you can't keep the trainer you went to when you were 0-0 (And yes, I know I said the opposite about Joshua's trainer, but during the first Ruiz/Joshua match I agreed with McCracken's advice. Joshua just didn't do what he was told.)

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
        Depends how he reacts to it mentally. I thought he showed good maturity and poise in the loss. When he said that he was angry that his corner threw in the towel, he said he was angry because he wanted to go out on his shield, not because he thought he had a chance. That's a huge difference that nobody is talking about. Jay Deas needs to go though. He should have been gone years ago. Loyalty will hurt fighters in this business. Deas in the corner was as clueless as Jack Loew was in Kelly Pavlik's corner. Eventually when you become a world level boxer, you can't keep the trainer you went to when you were 0-0 (And yes, I know I said the opposite about Joshua's trainer, but during the first Ruiz/Joshua match I agreed with McCracken's advice. Joshua just didn't do what he was told.)
        I think there is a big difference with Joshua though. McCracken is a very good trainer and has been there with multiple fighters. As you say his advice was calm and collected and Joshua just couldn’t enact the instructions well enough.

In contrast wilders corner seemed to lack any ideas, they didn’t give any advice at all and not only that but they didn’t even motivate him in the right way. The obvious thing after a knockdown is to reassure your fighter then and advise to stay behind your jab to stay out harms way and recover.

Comment

I think there is a big difference with Joshua though. McCracken is a very good trainer and has been there with multiple fighters. As you say his advice was calm and collected and Joshua just couldn’t enact the instructions well enough.

In contrast wilders corner seemed to lack any ideas, they didn’t give any advice at all and not only that but they didn’t even motivate him in the right way. The obvious thing after a knockdown is to reassure your fighter then and advise to stay behind your jab to stay out harms way and recover.
          I'm agreeing with you entirely. I just brought up McCracken because I had a feeling a few people were going to come in here like "HYPOCRITE!! YOU SAID JOSH SHOULD KEEP HIS TRAINER!!!"

and yeah, when Dias told Wilder to "paw with the jab and throw out the overhand right" before the sixth round it reminded me of Pavlik being told to "double the jab" when he was getting outboxed by BHop

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            good post its time for an upgrade but can be too late

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Oh, most definitely ... Deontay was about to provide his service to his greatness once again! No man can withstand the power of the Alabama Hammer .. the hardest punch in the history of boxing!
              There, you got it!

Comment

Are you for real? So wilders tactic was to let himself be beat the Fck up - so that fury would punch himself out??

Some people are just so deluded. You sometimes have to just accept you can’t win every fight - Fury was the better fighter - try and acknowledge that and you will be far better for it
                Don't tell me that. Tell it to Deontay Wilder. He was more than confident that he was gonna catch Tyson Fury sooner or later.

In the rematch I want every boxing fan to pay very close attention to Deontay Wilder's left hook. That is the punch he is going end Tyson Fury's WBC title reign with a knockout.

Wilder is going to implement more left hooks in his game plan for the third fight. Just wait and see. Also, remember that you've heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Don't tell me that. Tell it to Deontay Wilder. He was more than confident that he was gonna catch Tyson Fury sooner or later.

In the rematch I want every boxing fan to pay very close attention to Deontay Wilder's left hook. That is the punch he is going end Tyson Fury's WBC title reign with a knockout.

Wilder is going to implement more left hooks in his game plan for the third fight. Just wait and see. Also, remember that you've heard it here first.
                  We will be watching Wilder's suicide if he takes that third fight hahaha. Come on man, that was a full azz whooping and it will be worse the next fight. Fury was in no trouble the entire fight and Wilder had no plan B, C, D or even plan A really. I have said it for years...Wilder is a bum beating fraud who would get exposed as soon as he fought someone with a pulse. And that's just what happened

Comment

Working...
                  X