Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: SugarHill Steward: The Extra Weight Won't Hurt Tyson Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after what, 5 or 6 training camps, Fury is heavier? Please no excuses if he gets KO'd! He's had enough tune-ups, enough camps, enough psychologists, and enough trainers! Let's Go!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
      So after what, 5 or 6 training camps, Fury is heavier? Please no excuses if he gets KO'd! He's had enough tune-ups, enough camps, enough psychologists, and enough trainers! Let's Go!
      Only excuses come from Wilder ,he’s added illness as well now that’s about 5 excuses just from last time,two of them not remotely believable. Wilder used weight as one of those excuses twice already .

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
        If he weighs in heavy it’s not because he added any weight on purpose, it will be just because he showed up to camp overweight. It’s an old boxing joke.
        Yessir. Everything that has been said by Fury and Sugar Hill indicate a less than stellar camp.

Wilder can be outboxed but once the stamina starts to go it will be harder to avoid Deontay's bombs. It happened to Ortiz and I suspect we will see a similar ending for Fury.

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          Yessir. Everything that has been said by Fury and Sugar Hill indicate a less than stellar camp.

Wilder can be outboxed but once the stamina starts to go it will be harder to avoid Deontay's bombs. It happened to Ortiz and I suspect we will see a similar ending for Fury.
          This is kinda what I'm thinking. Vegas is a party town and Fury very well could be after partying before fight night. On Saturday his mental state of mind may determine the outcome. I dont know that his weight will play as much a factor as mental stability will. The retirement comments then coke and hookers and so on. I know its Fury but even sugar seemed less than confident in the presser.

Comment

Originally posted by CaptainWalrus View Post
            The weight thing is a concern for 12 rounds. Maybe Fury really will go for a short night?????
            If he does, he'll probably get it, just probably not in the way he wants. I'm not buying his bluster about getting a KO win at all, he already had the right blueprint to beat Wilder the first time, he just needs to mix up his head movement in some different directions rather than just ducking straight down in response to every jab.

I really don't think anything that could make Fury slower on his feet or have less stamina is a good idea, although it might help him if he decides to hold and maul a lot.

Comment

I'm a Wilder fan, but I have a strong feeling Fury wins this relatively easily. Deontay really seems to have become a bit too invested in the KO and his punching power's ability to bail him out at any time. Fury buzzed him a few times in the first time and he can do it again. I don't think Fury is playing about going for the KO himself, but I definitely don't think he's looking to do it by Round 2. I think he'll look to soften up Wilder for 7-8 rounds then step up the aggression and press for the KO from then on. Wilder has plenty of dog in him, so he won't just fade off without a real fight, but I think Fury can get the KO. I won't be at all sad to see another highlight reel KO by Wilder though. Hoping for a great fight!
              Last edited by NachoMan; 02-20-2020, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Smothering can work with the weight added. Nevertheless, the problem will be Fury's mobility.

Comment

Wilder by K.O.

Adding more than 20 pounds won't make Fury quicker. I believe Fury believes his own press and thinks the added weight somehow has turned him into a super puncher when in fact all it's done is slow him down and lower his stamina which just plays into Wilder's only chance of winning, KNOCKOUT! I think Wilder stops Fury in under 9 rounds, Fury blames his new trainer and starts barking for a third fight (m.o.n.e.y.). Fury is more of a showman than a fighter, he took two easy fights after the first fight and almost got stopped on cuts. Lets see what happens to that fresh scar tissue that took over 30 stitches to close once Wilder hits it. Gonna get messy!

Comment

Same thing they said about Ruiz. Fury is gonna get folded.

Comment

gonna be Wilder chasing around Fury trying to KO him, I hope he boxes too

Comment

Working...
                      X