Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Klitschko: I Want Fury To Beat Wilder, Not Sure His Head is Right

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    The thing that makes me concerned with my Wilder pick is he wasn't even in that Ortiz fight til it was over. And he's suggesting he'll have the same patience vs Fury. If that's his legit strategy to lose every round til he finds his moment part of me thinks he might not get that moment with a on point & focused Fury.

That said I don't think that's the legit plan & I don't think Fury is gonna be as focused this time around & will have a lapse or two that will be the end or insure he loses.

Whatever happens I'm hyped for this fight.
    I think patience verses Ortiz who has KO power and patience versus Fury who doesn't are two different things. To me, the plan all along versus Ortiz was to tire him out then go for the KO in the 2nd half of the fight. With Fury, I anticipate jabbing more, specifically to the body. I also anticipate a lot more feinting from Wilder early if Fury doesn't come out aggressive.

If i had to guess Fury's game plan, it will be to come out aggressive and try and get Wilder to fight sloppy (a serial bad habit of his) with the hopes of catching him, then swarming with a succession of punches to get an early, early stoppage. If that doesn't happen, you'll see a lot of the taunting and showmanship he usually displays until he ultimately succumbs to a hard shot.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
      I think Kiltschko spooked him during the build up to the rematch, which of course? May have been made even worse due to his personal issues.

Anyway, I am not a particular big supporter of ether Fury or Wilder 'But I am now swaying towards Wilder winning this rematch'

I don't think world class fighters get "spooked" like 5th graders before a after school fight anywhere near as much as some boxing fans think. I do think Fury thought the sun was gonna be brighter when he accomplished his life long dream & when that didn't happen he mentally had issues.

I don't believe Wlad had any impact on that. I mean watching the video you posted it even shows a Fury who has too much "who cares" about the rematch with the host while still making Wlad look silly & maybe even embarrassed how Fury is mentally running circles around him while being "who gives a fook" about it all. Lol it really is an odd thing to rewatch Fury out alphaing Wlad while being disinterested overall.

That said maybe a disinterested Fury woulda lost to Wlad if the rematch had happened, but I don't believe that had any impact with Fury's mindset nor was or is Fury spooked with losing. Fury has lost (as an amateur) before as most elite level guys have. It's not nearly as big a deal mentally for fighters as it can be for fanboys or haters of a fighter.

I do theorize that those punches Wilder landed in the 12th could have changed how Fury reacts in the ring like I believe has happened with AJ vs Wlad in the 6th & with Broner vs Maidana & most famously with Hector Camacho vs Edwin Rosario. But that's to be seen Saturday.

Nothing Wlad did to Fury in or out of the ring makes any sense to have spooked Fury to me. Fury ran circles around Wlad in & out of the ring & did so pre-the rematch when he didn't seem as interested in the fight. It seems clear to me Fury's problem was his own & not from any outside influences.

Comment

I think Kiltschko spooked him during the build up to the rematch, which of course? May have been made even worse due to his personal issues.

Anyway, I am not a particular big supporter of ether Fury or Wilder 'But I am now swaying towards Wilder winning this rematch'

Nice find, never seen this video before. First time I've seen Fury look really flustered as Klitschko's cold hard stare seems to pierce right through him. It looks like Fury wants the ground to swell up and take him away from the Ukrainian.

Goes to show Fury's victory in the first fight was more WK being complacent than Fury 'winning the mental battle'. WK is leaps ahead of him in that regard going by this face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
          I think patience verses Ortiz who has KO power and patience versus Fury who doesn't are two different things.
          Could be that's something they agree with you about. I just know I didn't like the sound of it. But then I remembered to not take any strategy given before the fight that seriously including Fury's KO2 bs that was admittedly a more fun quote to me.

Randomly that's something that I never even get boxing media guys asking. If I was a boxer I'd clam up on all things strategic in a upcoming potential fight let alone a fooking scheduled fight. I wouldn't even throw out any misdirection type strategy quotes or to go meta strategic give out legit strategy hoping the opposition would think it was a misdirection. I'd just leave it all up to speculation as much as it reasonable could be left to speculation with ones strengths vs their opponents weaknesses.

Randomly Randomly it would be pretty funny if Wilder & Fury were both being 100% truthful in their plans. I think that would pretty much insure we got a Wilder KO2 Fury result.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamboal00 View Post
            Nice find, never seen this video before. First time I've seen Fury look really flustered as Klitschko's cold hard stare seems to pierce right through him. It looks like Fury wants the ground to swell up and take him away from the Ukrainian.

Goes to show Fury's victory in the first fight was more WK being complacent than Fury 'winning the mental battle'. WK is leaps ahead of him in that regard going by this face to face.
            People bang on about Fury's victory over Wladimir Kiltschko as if? It was some sort of master class, where he demoralized and made Kiltschko give up etc He merely bamboozled/confused Kiltschko' Wladimir Kiltschko was embarrassed to of been beaten by him.

Tyson Fury was just trying to hard with his mental gymnastics, during that entire build up.

Comment

I don't think world class fighters get "spooked" like 5th graders before a after school fight anywhere near as much as some boxing fans think. I do think Fury thought the sun was gonna be brighter when he accomplished his life long dream & when that didn't happen he mentally had issues.

I don't believe Wlad had any impact on that. I mean watching the video you posted it even shows a Fury who has too much "who cares" about the rematch with the host while still making Wlad look silly & maybe even embarrassed how Fury is mentally running circles around him while being "who gives a fook" about it all. Lol it really is an odd thing to rewatch Fury out alphaing Wlad while being disinterested overall.

That said maybe a disinterested Fury woulda lost to Wlad if the rematch had happened, but I don't believe that had any impact with Fury's mindset nor was or is Fury spooked with losing. Fury has lost (as an amateur) before as most elite level guys have. It's not nearly as big a deal mentally for fighters as it can be for fanboys or haters of a fighter.

I do theorize that those punches Wilder landed in the 12th could have changed how Fury reacts in the ring like I believe has happened with AJ vs Wlad in the 6th & with Broner vs Maidana & most famously with Hector Camacho vs Edwin Rosario. But that's to be seen Saturday.

Nothing Wlad did to Fury in or out of the ring makes any sense to have spooked Fury to me. Fury ran circles around Wlad in & out of the ring & did so pre-the rematch when he didn't seem as interested in the fight. It seems clear to me Fury's problem was his own & not from any outside influences.
              You're joking aren't ya? Watch the video, WK has Fury in the palm of his hand by just staring at him whilst Fury self destructs and spurts out a load of nervous gibberish as WK's presence in front of him is too much for him to bear.

At the 4-5 minute mark Fury is so mentally beaten he starts looking at the presenter and says 'I dont care if he beats me' and tries to take the pressure off by trying to be friendly with WK! The guy is a weasel that gets a free pass with lies and spoiling in fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Gamboal00 View Post
                You're joking aren't ya? Watch the video, WK has Fury in the palm of his hand by just staring at him whilst Fury self destructs and spurts out a load of nervous gibberish as WK's presence in front of him is too much for him to bear.

At the 4-5 minute mark Fury is so mentally beaten he starts looking at the presenter and says 'I dont care if he beats me' and tries to take the pressure off by trying to be friendly with WK! The guy is a weasel that gets a free pass with lies and spoiling in fights.
                I didn't see that at all. I seen a disinterested Fury from the first second on well before Wlad's "stare" allegedly fooked Fury up. In fact you'll see Fury make eye contact numerous times with Wlad & Wlad seems more un-Wlad-like when he says verbatim that "Fury being unpredictable is a problem for him". Most of that video to me is just about Fury making Wlad look silly by suggesting Wlad wasn't trying to win since Wlad decided not to throw enough which is an error he'll correct in the rematch.

Randomly Wlad not throwing enough is one of the dumbest excuses for a HOF guy losing while still seemingly a top guy I think I've ever heard. Wlad COULDN'T throw punches cuz Fury had him in bad positions all night that limited his ability to throw & had him concerned with counters scoring on him. It's not as simple as a 38 or w/e age guy who's been boxing since he was a child suddenly forgot to do the thing that is the standard requirement to win a boxing match. Wlad has ALWAYS been too cerebral in the ring when it's come to risk, apparently even to a guy lacking in power like Fury, that even showed its head once again in the AJ fight where Wlad had a W all but locked up after that 6th round KD but once again Wlad played it a lil too safe & that ended up costing him badly vs AJ once AJ regained some energy & confidence.

Comment

Tyson Fury was just trying to hard with his mental gymnastics, during that entire build up.
                  Are you paying attention to Fury usually lol?!?!?

Fury is the most extra guy in boxing with his talking. Guy is talking about KO2ing Wilder, wacking off 9 times a day & soaking his hands in gasoline. This mfer LIVES to get involved in mental gymnastics of all sorts in fights & random ass interviews when he doesn't even got a fight scheduled. His talk game is undefeated & wins by much larger margins & more impressively than he's done in the ring. Fury at 2 outta 10 of his personality can outwit most boxers & that's exactly what he did verbally to Wlad in the posted video. He definitely wasn't "shook" over words or a stare.

Comment

LMAO!!!!
                    When Wlad on "Why didn't you let your hands go before then?" answered with "I chose to loose." Fury ****ted bricks under himself!

Fury was spooked like "I'm in TROUBLE! Wlad isn't mentally shaky anymore!" and Fury went unstable.
                    Thanks for the video.

Comment

I didn't see that at all. I seen a disinterested Fury from the first second on well before Wlad's "stare" allegedly fooked Fury up.
                      He might been cracked before Klit's cold look but it made Fury shatter.
                      Are you paying attention to Fury usually lol?!?!?

Fury is the most extra guy in boxing with his talking. Guy is talking about KO2ing Wilder, wacking off 9 times a day & soaking his hands in gasoline. This mfer LIVES to get involved in mental gymnastics of all sorts in fights & random ass interviews when he doesn't even got a fight scheduled. His talk game is undefeated & wins by much larger margins & more impressively than he's done in the ring. Fury at 2 outta 10 of his personality can outwit most boxers & that's exactly what he did verbally to Wlad in the posted video. He definitely wasn't "shook" over words or a stare.
                      Looks like you are the one who wacks 7 times a day on Fury's photo.
                      Last edited by Ajvar; 02-18-2020, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X