Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why’s no one calling Canelo out for “lowball” offer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why’s no one calling Canelo out for “lowball” offer?

Breaking news from the grapevine: Canelo and his team just offered Callum Smith who’s a champion with multiple belts $4-5million for a fight with stringent conditions attached to it. If it had been Josh, all hell will break loose.

Josh didn’t even offer boxers who’re contenders and aren’t draws that type of ****ty money. Why’s Canelo getting a pass? I’m a Canelo fan but this has to stop. Offer the man what he’s worth and he’ll fight you in Tijuana.

I just made a thread about this too. It’s clear GBP are a bunch of cheapies. They should get called out for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BangEM View Post
      Breaking news from the grapevine: Canelo and his team just offered Callum Smith who’s a champion with multiple belts $4-5million for a fight with stringent conditions attached to it. If it had been Josh, all hell will break loose.

Josh didn’t even offer boxers who’re contenders and aren’t draws that type of ****ty money. Why’s Canelo getting a pass? I’m a Canelo fan but this has to stop. Offer the man what he’s worth and he’ll fight you in Tijuana.
      how much was floyd offering his opponents??
      what makes you think canelo has to offer more ??

you want to earn big, beat the man...

Comment

Is it really Golden Boy or DAZN though. If Canelo is going to get 35 how much can they really give an opponent?

Comment

Well someone on the inside told me that guy only makes about 350 to 400k per fight, so it’s an amazing offer. 10 times his highest pay day

Comment

Floyd Mayweather fought a lot of guys who weren’t the best competition out there and were lucky to get the offers they did.

And also, if we adjust for inflation, those offers are a lot closer to what Canelo’s opponents are demanding.

Originally posted by icha View Post
            how much was floyd offering his opponents??
            what makes you think canelo has to offer more ??

you want to earn big, beat the man...

Comment

Doesn’t matter. It’s a Canelo fight and therefore a huge event. He deserves his cut of that.

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
              Well someone on the inside told me that guy only makes about 350 to 400k per fight, so it’s an amazing offer. 10 times his highest pay day

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                Floyd Mayweather fought a lot of guys who weren’t the best competition out there and were lucky to get the offers they did.

And also, if we adjust for inflation, those offers are a lot closer to what Canelo’s opponents are demanding.
                ortiz was paid 2 mil to fight floyd, and is safe to say he was a bigger draw than charlo, serg, smith, etc...
                inflation does not double purses, thats a BS excuse...
                again, you want to earn big then beat the man or else keep fighting for peanuts and STFU...

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
                  Doesn’t matter. It’s a Canelo fight and therefore a huge event. He deserves his cut of that.
                  He deserves sqwat! Baby steps my friend!

Comment

Victor Ortiz had no business getting a shot at Floyd Mayweather, was lucky to get one and was lucky to make $2 million in a fight.

He’s only a bigger draw than the three fighters you mentioned on the west coast.

He also wasn’t fighting in the DAZN era where purses have skyrocketed.

Originally posted by icha View Post
                    ortiz was paid 2 mil to fight floyd, and is safe to say he was a bigger draw than charlo, serg, smith, etc...
                    inflation does not double purses, thats a BS excuse...
                    again, you want to earn big then beat the man or else keep fighting for peanuts and STFU...

Comment

Working...
                    X