No announcement yet.

How GGG shocked the world

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JohnCastellanos View Post
    He started his pro career with about 350 ameture wins and only 4 losses. It truly is shocking how mediocre gennaydiy turned out
    If Golovkin is mediocre then who do you actually think is good?

Comment

Originally posted by Robi13 View Post
      Bwahahahaha... you’re such a phag
      Thanks for the insight

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
        You mean little Nelo who just fought all the way up at 175? Who was already busting at the seams at 154-155?
        I mean according to GGG fans, Canelo was supposed to be too small to handle the power of GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
          Yeah and missed punches is everybody else’s thing? Imagine if judges pretended missing didn’t matter. 4 criteria is Defense. Does good defense make your opponent miss?

Take your time.
          #1 criteria is punches landed.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
            #1 criteria is punches landed.
            No its not, “Clean Effective Punches.” This is the pros. Larry Holmes didn’t just throw a beautiful jab, he also threw power punches and landed. Again, judges ain’t interested exclusively on the amateur point system for tag you’re it... they are interested in the EFFECTIVE punches that hurt the other. That’s why Trella and Byrd thought GGG’s go to jab only was gay.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
              that dickhead you are arguing with... thinks that Golovkin has faced more quality opposition than almost any other fighter in history

he also thinks that Andre Ward is no better than Sakio Bika

good luck
              More lies...I said GGG has faced about 20 or so solid pros...which is true...and that is basically in line with any other fighter ever...that's what most guys have...about 20 real fights...just is what it is...if people want to argue semantics there, that's fine, call it how you see it.

Yeah Ward fought Bika and Barrera very very close...but he was the American and the A-side fighting in Karaganda Kazahkstan, sorry Oakland California...so he got really wide cards in those fights.

If Bika or Barrera (or any Cuban really) was from the US, they would have much better records and a much better legacy...if Ward was from another country no one would really know who he was...he just wasn't that good of a boxer...just is what it is.

Comment

Originally posted by Yoseph View Post
                Definitely mediocre. That's why I was disgusted when they were comparing him to Bernard Hopkins. Smh.
                I mean you're not saying BHop had a better run at MW though? If people say GGG's string of wins at MW was mediocre...they should absolutely laugh at what Hopkins did there lol.

BHop was a great fighter...boxed dirty a lot but he could also box so he's cool with me...he has his faults in the ring too though, just like GGG or any other boxer really...romanticizing him and hating on GGG just never made any sense to me really.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
                  Oh well , that’s his fughin problem
                  Ward - Bika hmmmmmmmm
                  Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  the ret4rd meeting will ALWAYS be at my house man
                  How did you guys score that fight btw?

Comment

Yeah and missed punches is everybody else’s thing? Imagine if judges pretended missing didn’t matter. 4 criteria is Defense. Does good defense make your opponent miss?

Take your time.
                    Literally everything you are saying is refuted by a notable judge...and he says that basically every judge he knows, scores fights the same way:

https://www.premierboxingchampions.c...ow-score-fight

Defense: Defense is important because it helps a boxer set up his offense. Most judges that I have spoken to do not give credit for defense alone. If a boxer has a good defense, it means that he is not being hit with punches. But let's remember the purpose of the sport: to land punches on your opponent.

If Boxer A throws 10 punches in a round, but lands none of them, and Boxer B lands zero and throws zero, you still have an even round with no punches landing. You don't want to create a disincentive for a boxer to land punches if he thinks he's going to be penalized for missing.

Comment

No its not, “Clean Effective Punches.” This is the pros. Larry Holmes didn’t just throw a beautiful jab, he also threw power punches and landed. Again, judges ain’t interested exclusively on the amateur point system for tag you’re it... they are interested in the EFFECTIVE punches that hurt the other. That’s why Trella and Byrd thought GGG’s go to jab only was gay.
                      Lol GGG has one of the best jabs I've ever seen...you're really trying to say that isn't a scoring punch? Lololololol

I swear...the lengths you guys go through to try and really act like Canelo won those fights...just funny man

Comment

Working...
                      X