No announcement yet.

Dubois-Joyce on PPV WTF??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    I think you’re probably right. I just wish they had hung fire and put this on premium tv. I think it would have had a far bigger reach, because I doubt that many will pay for it. I actually think it’s a more interesting fight than AJ-Whyte was but I don’t think either have anywhere near the pull that AJ did.

They’re probably just looking for “x” amount of buys to break even...
    Yep, I agree with all of this

Comment

Originally posted by Zelda View Post
      And that is why it is NOT being fought in the US.

What's the point? Prior to Wilder vs Fury, the last time a HW was on PPV in the US was back in 2005/6. And the last time there was a HW PPV in both US and UK was in 2002 (Lewis vs Tyson).

So, both might be unknowns in the US but it is a big fight in the UK (or so Warren thinks). With a decent undercard, it might bring in more profit than without PPV, which is their goal. Why would both fighters risk their respective careers and Warren his stable if the money was not way above what other fights could have generated?
      I’m pointing out that the standard of PPV or boxing in general over here is far below the standard in the US.

The fact that we’re having to pay for a fight that wouldn’t even headline a card in the US says a lot about the state of British boxing.

Constantly putting any decent fights behind a paywall is not good for the sport or the fans. It doesn’t help the sport reach a wider audience and it just exploits the hardcore fan base.

Comment

Working...
      X