Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: I Don't Think You'll See Canelo Alvarez At 160 Again

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oscar needs to handle this clown.. keep Canelo name out of your mouth

Comment

Cleneros a red headed fraud

I think a focused BJS will create problems to Red Juice and possibly beat him on points. But the bought off judges will give it to Clenero no matter what. That's why I don't get excited when Canelo fights anymore. Lara, Ggg 1 and 2, and that Kovalev fight was scripted. Kovalev never has fought that way hitting Clenero with pity pat jabs and hardly throwing any rights. Just look how he fought Yarde than compare that fight with Clenero. Clear as day.

Comment

Originally posted by Roronoazoro View Post
        Translation: we wont see canelo fights any highly rated African Americans nor does canelo have any press conferences to look foward to. Canelos next couple of years will consist of him facing bunch of white guys NO ONE is excited to see him face.
        Huh? You mean bums? You could just say bums. Black doesn’t make you good or bad, same with white. Bivol would have been a way better challenge than Kova and everyone knows it. Props to Canelo anyway, but it’s true. Andrade would definitely give Canelo a hard time. Most likely would win a UD

Comment

Originally posted by GBP4LIFE View Post
          Oscar needs to handle this clown.. keep Canelo name out of your mouth
          Hearn is Oscars pappy..he’s the one with the dollars to keep gbp operating because he gave them the deal that kept Canelo there.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
            Of course it would be on DAZN, Canelo is the bigger star, not Charlo. And what you are saying is team Charlo/Haymon dont have the confidence of anything but getting knocked out or lose badly, which is one cowardly excuse for not wanting to pit your skills against the best in the world. Not a good look. Charlo and his team are not doing themselves any favors by turning down the biggest fight of his career and his biggest payday ever, not to mention other fights that fell through and to top that off, he has nothing else going on right now. And on top of that, If Charlo were to win, he would command bigger paydays on top of the one Canelo would bring him, especially if there was a rematch! Team Charlo don't want that smoke.
            What you say is true. What I find interesting is that there seems to be a conflict of interest between Al Haymon and Jermall Charlo and I suspect between Haymon and other fighters as well, like Deontay Wilder. But the reality is that Haymon receives a lot of respect and loyalty from his fighters even though it might be costing them millions of dollars. I don't understand why that is.

Comment

Originally posted by Verus View Post
              What you say is true. What I find interesting is that there seems to be a conflict of interest between Al Haymon and Jermall Charlo and I suspect between Haymon and other fighters as well, like Deontay Wilder. But the reality is that Haymon receives a lot of respect and loyalty from his fighters even though it might be costing them millions of dollars. I don't understand why that is.
              What I hear is that Haymon calls up fighters just to ask how they are doing, how their family is doing, and they say he show many facets that go outside of business.....maybe to get to know who they are outside of boxing, and that creates a strong bond.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                To be fair GB usually gets fights done even if they wayy over pay or look ****** when they set MULTIPLE deadlines and keep extending out...
                The fight will get done...if they call Al Haymon.

Comment

Nel o has a weird body. Only yesterday 160 was too big for him and had to build himself up to fight ggg? Now he can't get to 160?

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                    The fight will get done...if they call Al Haymon.
                    Then better call Al

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                      What I hear is that Haymon calls up fighters just to ask how they are doing, how their family is doing, and they say he show many facets that go outside of business.....maybe to get to know who they are outside of boxing, and that creates a strong bond.
                      I see. I guess he must be something of a father figure. In those conversations, perhaps he should counsel some of them to quit punching people and to stay out of trouble, but maybe playing it straight and narrow does not sell fights. I am thinking of Andre Ward and Daniel Jacobs who are great fighters and stay out of trouble but are not a big draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X