Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Groves Rips Youtube Fights: Horrific, Abysmal, Makes My Skin Crawl!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    info. I was searching the entire time on the web with DAZN's 2019 sched, none of it are coming out, so its the only thing that is on top of my head.

And yeah I get what you mean. Before DAZN Hearn wasn't putting up the level of fights that he had been giving in the past year due to money/risk involve, and now that he can throw away as much money as he could in a fight without the caution of his own money losing, there's no point in "matchmaking" except just throw the best fights out there possible.
    Now we are talking bro. Promotion is not getting people to buy what they don’t care about.

Money is to precious to real people. I know I am not paying for irrelevant matches just because they are cheaper than the ones I want to see.

If Hearn made some of those matches the world wanted to see instead of protecting everyone people would buy.

But when they gave fighters like Canelo and GGG these long contracts with huge deals they made them too big to fail.

Because you don’t want to be paying a guy 36 million a fight and he takes a loss. That killed the whole point of having him on the site.

You don’t just pay Canelo 36 million because he is Canelo. You pay him 36 million because the match up is worth 100 million. Canelo verses Rock Fielding should have been on regular TV. Who had interest in that fake title?

Comment

Originally posted by Bandman View Post
      all the fights u mentioned were not on DAZN. except the AJ one.

That’s the point. Why is boxing selling elsewhere if DAZN has the worlds most popular fighters?)

look at how many ppl left the building after the Jake Paul fight. nobody cared that Andrade and Keeler were "professional boxers".

Once again that’s the point you, you think Andrade fighting Canelo or GGG wouldn’t have sold. If he gave us a real matchup there would have been more than YouTubers there. What risk did Keeler bring to the table for Andrade?

you said Hearn needs to up his game and make fights ppl want to see...

Well he isn’t doing it for PROFESSIONAL BOXING. If he knows what hot in YouTube then he should focus all his attention there. When it comes to the true Proffessional Boxers he can’t pull the trigger. Hearn is struggling, Dazn is struggling, boxing is doing quite well.
      THAT'S WHAT HE IS DOING lol. the people want to see youtubers fight. it is what it is.
      That’s beautiful, who cares just don’t call the professional boxers unless they are going to be apart of the actual boxing structure. This is not a polarizing issue it’s common sense.

If I ask are you are a doctor you can’t just say you are because you have a channel on health.

If you do laws say you go to jail. Why because you are putting lives at risk not meeting the standards for entry. Same principal applies here.

If one of these popular average joes gets killed in the ring boxing gets the black eye and the excessive regulation. When the truth is the amateurs were designed to make sure you could perform and were durable enough for the worlds most punishing sport.

So don’t tell me about how I am just not going with the “new,” thing. I watched the last two out of curiosity.

However I am telling you casual, if it’s a new thing that plays by its own rules of match making then it simply needs a new name. Why is this so hard to absorb?

Comment

Fire4231 is one of the few guys keeping it real. The rest of you have some serious redeeming to do for yourselves and your families.

Comment

Celebrity boxing and tough man contests have been around forever. So long as it remains an exhibition between equally matched opponents, who cares? I don't see how it is bad for boxing. They aren't mismatches or sanctioned fights. They'll never compete for a title against real boxing champions. Now if any of them get bumped to the head of the line and are granted a title fight that would be a problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Celebrity boxing and tough man contests have been around forever. So long as it remains an exhibition between equally matched opponents, who cares? I don't see how it is bad for boxing. They aren't mismatches or sanctioned fights. They'll never compete for a title against real boxing champions. Now if any of them get bumped to the head of the line and are granted a title fight that would be a problem.
            exactly. these youtubers are evenly matched so there's no "black eye" to boxing lol. a "black eye" was Floyd vs Conor in terms of the gulf in boxing experience. these youtubers are getting millions of views and that's what determines the next thing. these fights will only stop when the viewership drops.

Comment

Only a matter of time before one of these YouTube guys buys their way to a vacant title shot vs another YouTube. Then the same people here applauding this will be up in arms.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                I'm in no position to argue with a PRO. If they don't like it then I totally get it! This is why I been posting in other threads that I think they need go back to being separate from the Pros. Eddie Hearn can easily to Cards with just Youtubers as well as his Professional Matchroom Cards I don't see the point of putting them together because those fans of those youtubers are NEVER going to become Boxing Fans and a lot of the Pros as well as Hardcore Boxing Fans are never ever going to respect the youtubers

Sad thing is...Eddie probably would make MORE $$$ off of the Youtubers Cards than he would most of his Professional Boxing Events
                Your last statement says it all.. there is too much money in this for it to go away. Eddie says 3 fights in 2020. Look for at least 4 this year and more to come if the numbers money and subscribers continue to be through the roof.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing
                  I don't understand why some are saying, "They are entertaining, but not professional". They're not entertaining in the slightest. It's pathetic how boxing fans are afraid of being perceived as curmudgeons or called old farts.

They think it's like some sort of lifeline that will resurrect boxing. Why? Because it gets millions of views? So do cat videos.

Ask Dana White to stage an MMA fight between two nobodies with no talent and he'll tell you to **** off, and so will MMA fans too.

Boxing fans have become thirsty arse desperate cucks sucking up to pseudo social media celebrities. Vomit.
                  You mean like they told CM Punk to kick rocks? Greg Hardy?

Comment

Lets be real if PBC was behind these youtube fights..... Oh boi.... It would be a shyt storm

Comment

Boxing is different than other sports. Going pro isn't an accomplishment. Charlie Zelenoff is a former professional boxer. There are no standards for pros in fight sports. The Pauls are far from the worst boxers masquerading as pros. They may be the most prominent, but far from the worst.

Comment

Working...
                      X