Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How good was Joshua Clottey? How would he do at 147 right now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He'd be somewhere in the top 10. Probably could make the argument for top 5. Big Welterweight that was very hard to look good against. His only problem was letting his hands go, so I could see him being outworked by the top dogs.

Comment

Clottey had good defense and fast hands when he let them go.

He always choked in the big fights, stops fighting and can't finish strong.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
        I will never get why he disappeared after the Pac fight. He was a great fighter imo (ask Cotto)

I think Clottey vs Spence stylistically would be a great back in forth fight...
        But he always had a problem letting his hands go so i feel like he would find a way to shoot himself in the foot and lose... Then cry about the decision lol
        I’m sure he’s just come back...

Will check now.

Fought March last year. Was sure I seen him on the boxrec schedule though.

I thought he was a solid fighter, I think he’d find himself in a similar position to Shawn Porter in the sense that he was good enough to trouble the top guys but necessarily good enough to beat them.
        Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 01-27-2020, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          hed be a top ten contender, hed beat some lower end guys like lipinets, but he wont be busy enough to outwork Porter, Spence, crawford clearly beats him so does Danny Garcia, hed beat Redkach and guys like that
          I think he would a problem for Porter Garcia who kinda has the same problem to a lesser extent.

Basically i think he would replace Porter as the guy that never wins vs elite but gives everyone hell

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
            I’m sure he’s just come back...

Will check now.

Fought March last year. Was sure I seen him on the boxrec schedule though.

I thought he was a solid fighter, I think he’d find himself in a similar position to Shawn Porter in the sense that he was good enough to trouble the top guys but necessarily good enough to beat them.
            What i just said lol

Comment

I think he would a problem for Porter Garcia who kinda has the same problem to a lesser extent.

Basically i think he would replace Porter as the guy that never wins vs elite but gives everyone hell

never is harsh, Danny Garcia is a top welterweight and former titlist there.

I think Clottey doesnt have enough to beat either guy frfr

he only got by a far smaller judah

Comment

What i just said lol
                Poret is alot like that. He smothers his shots and actually throws alot of punches that dont do anything. Poret would be better throwing 2nd three punch combos and being a peek a boo stance guy.

Comment

porter for freak sakes , my typing sucks today.

Comment

Originally posted by Fangedgrowl View Post
                    Poret is alot like that. He smothers his shots and actually throws alot of punches that dont do anything. Poret would be better throwing 2nd three punch combos and being a peek a boo stance guy.
                    Idk about smother....he was accurate asf with his str8 rights and uppercuts

Comment

Idk about smother....he was accurate asf with his str8 rights and uppercuts
                      I feel he gets too close to an opponent smothering his power he is a good close mid range puncher , not the wrestling stuff we see,.

Comment

Working...
                      X