No announcement yet.

Best Get-Up from Brutal KD Ever

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Get-Up from Brutal KD Ever

What, in your opinion, is the greatest, grittiest, get back up from a brutal knockdown moment in boxing history, and why?

Here are five memorable moments for me ... of course there are more, but just wanted to give five of my favorites to start. What are some I missed?

1. Larry Holmes gets up after crumpling under an explosive overhand right from Earnie Shavers, arguably the hardest puncher in boxing history

2. Tyson Fury gets up after being felled by a chopping right hand followed by a crisp, explosive left cross-cum-hook from Deontay Wilder, arguably the third hardest puncher in boxing history

3. Anthony Joshua gets up after taking a thunderous straight right hand from Wladimir Klitschko (arguably the sixth hardest puncher in boxing history) that sends the sweat on his hair flying backwards several rows into the audience

4. Muhammad Ali, albeit in a losing effort, gets up from a thunderous, jaw-breaking left hook from Smokin’ Joe Frazier, who owned arguably the best left hook in history

5. Andy Ruiz gets up after being jolted to the canvas by a thudding left hook to the chin from Anthony Joshua
    Last edited by Legends456; 01-24-2020, 09:35 PM.

Ward vs Kovalev. He got dertey, he got gremmey.

Comment

Originally posted by Legends456 View Post
      What, in your opinion, is the greatest, grittiest, get back up from a brutal knockdown moment in boxing history, and why?

Here are five memorable moments for me ... of course there are more, but just wanted to give five of my favorites to start. What are some I missed?

1. Larry Holmes gets up after crumpling under an explosive overhand right from Earnie Shavers, arguably the hardest puncher in boxing history

2. Tyson Fury gets up after being felled by a chopping right hand followed by a crisp, explosive left cross-cum-hook from Deontay Wilder, arguably the third hardest puncher in boxing history

3. Anthony Joshua gets up after taking a thunderous straight right hand from Wladimir Klitschko (arguably the sixth hardest puncher in boxing history) that sends the sweat on his hair flying backwards several rows into the audience

4. Muhammad Ali, albeit in a losing effort, gets up from a thunderous, jaw-breaking left hook from Smokin’ Joe Frazier, who owned arguably the best left hook in history

5. Andy Ruiz gets up after being jolted to the canvas by a thudding left hook to the chin from Anthony Joshua
      #1 for me without a doubt . That was just inhuman I though Holmes was literally dead and his head was going to fall off and this crazy muthalicka gets off the floor and wins the fight. Not to mention against arguably the hardest puncher p4p in the history of the sport .

Comment

Did Holmes win the fight?

Comment

That Holmes/Shavers knock down, you could hear it. Crazy stuff.

Comment

Tyson fury vs wilder

Comment

Kovalev for taking all those all those Ward #### shots.

Comment

Yeah the Shavers/Holmes KD sprung to mind immediately. That **** reverberated.
                Last edited by AKAcronym; 01-24-2020, 10:02 PM.

Comment

Good picks.

Out of more recent outings, Glowacki getting up vs Huck was a Rocky moment.

Comment

I like your choices so I’ll just add my favorites from the lower weights.

1. Marquez hammered by katsidis and went on to win the fight in a classic war.

2. Pacquiao on his back by marquez right on their IV fight. then got back up and went on head hunting like never before, instead of being cautious. Despite losing it’s one of the most exciting fights ever.

3. Bradley tumbling around against provo. Though it wasn’t officially called a KD, it was obvious bradley was very hurt and didn’t have his legs.
                    Another classic war.

4. Marquez getting KD by pac in their second fight. Pac probably has the best left hook in the business at 130 during that time. And they went on for another war in vegas.

Comment

Working...
                    X