Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Charlo's Handlers Turned Down 'Very Lucrative Offer' For Canelo Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
    The Canelo way is to not fight boxers under 30.
    Because we all know ggg/Jacobs/Kovalev/Charlo/Andrade/Beterbieve were all absolute p4p #1 proven Champion killers before 30,right? oh wait,ggg would be considered a bum before aged 30. Canelo signed to fight him a yr & 3 mos after winning wbc belt at 155 vs Cotto(somehow he aged him doe. Despite ggg being the one who demanded 45% & forced bs purse bid while nelo was in trial he lost millions in)

Jacobs was in his prime & at the absolute best moment of his career & had just Beaten Derev to become IBF champ.

Charlo is already basically 30 himself,Andrade is 31, Beterbieve just recently became a bit known fringe champion at age 34,MOST FIGHTERS ARE AT THEIR BEST AFTER AGE 30,MOST DON'T BECOME CHAMPS LET ALONE FAMOUS TIL 30S.
    Last edited by kushking; 01-22-2020, 03:33 PM.

Comment

When money is involved those at the top will always look to secure theirs first.

Both parties are to blame. The offer was probably a good one but this is business and you always negotiate. The problem with negotiating is you need to have all the leverage and charlo has none.

Comment

Not a Canelo fan but charlo clearly turned this down, I mean he took the wbc belt and is content fighting 154lbers

Comment

why are pbc fanboys so defensive? there's nothing to defend you idiots because you don't know anything about it.

dela hoya made his claim public...if he's lying or not charlo and/or pbc are free to counter it.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post
            why are pbc fanboys so defensive? there's nothing to defend you idiots because you don't know anything about it.

dela hoya made his claim public...if he's lying or not charlo and/or pbc are free to counter it.
            Exactly.. well said. The fact they are quiet means it's true. Charlo is clout chasing but not risking anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
              “We had an amazing, amazing offer for Charlo, a very lucrative offer for Charlo, and he turned it down,” De La Hoya told Fight Hub TV during an interview posted Tuesday to its YouTube page. “Well, Charlo didn’t turn it down, but his agent or whoever, whoever’s behind PBC, I don’t know.”

When asked how much money Golden Boy Promotions offered for Charlo to face Alvarez, De La Hoya replied, “I’m not gonna say the offer.”

Yeah, umm...SUSPECT!
              No one heard about the offer for over a year yet now he says this and posters believe it.

Lmfao.

So posters believe gbp offered charlo the fight ahead of Daniel Jacobs? Yet we never heard about anything until canelo catches heat for avoiding charlo.

I guess odh sent the offer over after he fisted the chick from the lawsuit.
              Last edited by The Big Dunn; 01-22-2020, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Because we all know ggg/Jacobs/Kovalev/Charlo/Andrade/Beterbieve were all absolute p4p #1 proven Champion killers before 30,right? oh wait,ggg would be considered a bum before aged 30. Canelo signed to fight him a yr & 3 mos after winning wbc belt at 155 vs Cotto(somehow he aged him doe. Despite ggg being the one who demanded 45% & forced bs purse bid while nelo was in trial he lost millions in)

Jacobs was in his prime & at the absolute best moment of his career & had just Beaten Derev to become IBF champ.

Charlo is already basically 30 himself,Andrade is 31, Beterbieve just recently became a bit known fringe champion at age 34,MOST FIGHTERS ARE AT THEIR BEST AFTER AGE 30,MOST DON'T BECOME CHAMPS LET ALONE FAMOUS TIL 30S.
                Canelo could have fought Golvokin years before he fought him. But he chose to fight in his made up 155 pound division.

Kovalev was way past his prime when Canelo fought him. The other two belt holders were much more dangerous. Cotto was not anywhere near his prime. If you can't see that I'm not even going to waste time debating it.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                  Yeah you’re not into all that but here you are waiting to defend PBCs honour. Yeah everyone is just sending around these fake offers, only PBC give out legit offers..... am I getting this right?

Yeah I said it’s common knowledge that Wlad knocked him out in sparring cause a bunch of people have said it, Whyte, Ali Bashir, Andy Lee, Johnny Nelson. Are all these guys lying?

How am I trying to change what I said, I stated that it was the first time I heard that Wilder was out cold, getting knocked out actually means you can’t continue.... it doesn’t mean you’re necessarily unconscious. I’m honestly not sure what you don’t understand about this.

Example Wilder knocked out Ortiz but he didn’t knock him out cold. Does that make sense or am I still peddling an agenda?
                  I wouldn't call it common knowledge. Whyte was there, but seemingly stretched the truth. The others received the information third party. What I would call it is a well circulated unconfirmed rumor. Particularly since not Wilder's trainer, but Klitschko's trainer has stated that Wilder was only knocked down. What makes his first hand knowledge any less credible? Further, this is sparring. There is no count. There is no, let me fight through this ringing in my head because the belt is on the line.

Comment

Originally posted by brick wall View Post

Because it's an internet boxing forum and people are here to discuss it you idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      It's a shame that Andrade swerved him! I can't accept what Oscar says at face value. Why is he saying this in 2020? I didn't see him making this statement last May. I also find it funny that he can't state whom he talked too?
                      It’s a shame this whole era is the same. Charlo, Crawford, Andrade, etc. These cats are all talk. I like Charlos style. I thought Crawford was going to be the most special of this era. But they simply are afraid to step in the ring with each other unless they have the advantages stacked in their favor.

Comment

Working...
                      X