No announcement yet.

Andrade turned down an offer to face Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    What's the excuse for GGG getting paid $15 mill per fight, on the same network and has the same Promoter but refuses to fight Andrade for a unification?
    I'm not excusing GGG or anyone else for not unifying against Andrade. That being said, GGG gets the same $15 million no matter what so I understand it, even if I don't necessarily agree.

I think DAZN is still holding out hope for the Canelo-GGG trilogy and Derevyanchenko nearly wrecked those plans entirely so they are probably playing it safe. Again I don't necessarily agree but I understand it, especially if that's how they got Golovkin to sign with them in the first place.

In the meantime, if Golovkin could fight somebody like Derevyanchenko with so much to lose then why can't Andrade or Charlo do it?

Comment

I'm joking. He never got an offer. Nobody on DAZN wants to fight him. They all rather fight Charlo. But let you idiots tell it Charlo and Andrade need each other How does Charlo need Andrade when Canelo would rather fight Charlo and won't entertain an Andrade fight?

They things you people say on here makes no sense
      What makes no sense is you even talking about Canelo fighting Jermall or Andrade. He is never fighting either one of them. He refused to fight them when he could still make 160 comfortably and he is a bit bigger now and cannot comfortably make 160. I doubt he would fight them at 168 either. They are tough guys in their prime and not washed up like old Kovalev. I say Canelo fights Saunders next because Saunders has looked so weak since his last good performance over two years ago against Lemieux, Oscar says Canelo is not fighting Saunders next but he is lying. Saunders is next just wait and see. Andrade and Jermall should fight each other because Canelo is never going to fight either of them.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
        oh yeah its haymons fault, hes ruining boxing, id love for al these promoters to get these fights made n work together but what about these fighters who are on the same dam network yet we never even hear talks of the fights taking place smh its like they don't even know about eachother lol....
        like I said...imagine spence had no brook, mikey, porter on his resume(Andrade doesn't have one that level)...and he was fighting Sebastian formella next and offering jesse vargas 7 mil to come over to fox to fight him...how odd would that be/look?.....when theres pac, Thurman, danny etc over there......

say what you want about the pbc WWs...but most of them have fought each other....and there are still fights to be made in the future...

Comment

Originally posted by emceetns View Post
          I'm not excusing GGG or anyone else for not unifying against Andrade. That being said, GGG gets the same $15 million no matter what so I understand it, even if I don't necessarily agree.

I think DAZN is still holding out hope for the Canelo-GGG trilogy and Derevyanchenko nearly wrecked those plans entirely so they are probably playing it safe. Again I don't necessarily agree but I understand it, especially if that's how they got Golovkin to sign with them in the first place.

In the meantime, if Golovkin could fight somebody like Derevyanchenko with so much to lose then why can't Andrade or Charlo do it?
          go back and watch the Andrade/sulecki fight on DAZN...in round 9, I believe, mannix tells you the cold, hard, truth

golovkin doesn't want to fight Andrade because Andrade wont stand there and could make him look bad...

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
            go back and watch the Andrade/sulecki fight on DAZN...in round 9, I believe, mannix tells you the cold, hard, truth

golovkin doesn't want to fight Andrade because Andrade wont stand there and could make him look bad...
            That makes sense because Golovkin doesn't have the same explosiveness that he had a few years ago and aging pressure fighters typically struggle with movement.

Comment

So the more subscribers DAZN gets the more money he makes. Right?
              Down the line possibly.
              Aren’t you the guy constantly posting about what a failure DAZN is? Now GGG is going to cash out on DAZN stock?
              Make up your mind.

Comment

Why does he have up go to 168 but Canelo was going to fight Charlo at 160?
                We're not talking about Canelo. Canelo's reputation is already tainted to any real boxing fan.

This is about Charlo and Andrade.

Comment

so complain about charlo which would be at 160 but make and excuse that canelo is looking to 168 when it comes to Andrade?
                  To me, Canelo is a coward and a fraud and I've made several threads on that.

I don't need to defend him. This is the way he has been managed his whole career. Avoiding hard fights whenever that's possible.

Now, back to Charlo, should he behave the same way than Canelo you say?

Comment

Originally posted by _maxi View Post
                    to me, canelo is a coward and a fraud and i've made several threads on that.

I don't need to defend him. This is the way he has been managed his whole career. Avoiding hard fights whenever that's possible.

Now, back to charlo, should he behave the same way than canelo you say?
                    if a true legit offer was made to charlo then id love for him to take it, was there a true legit offer where promoters were contacted tho? Its understood that the ruiz fight was made via a social media contact but thats not how fights are made in all cases. If thats the case anyone can say "i contacted him on social media and got no response" and we all run with it. Aj told wilder lets rock n roll after the 50mill offer does that make it a duck that he switched his tune?

Comment

if a true legit offer was made to charlo then id love for him to take it, was there a true legit offer where promoters were contacted tho? Its understood that the ruiz fight was made via a social media contact but thats not how fights are made in all cases. If thats the case anyone can say "i contacted him on social media and got no response" and we all run with it. Aj told wilder lets rock n roll after the 50mill offer does that make it a duck that he switched his tune?
                      Let's say that Charlo didn't read that Instagram DM. But what did he say when Hearn publicly said 2-3 months ago that he had 7M offer for him to fight Andrade? did he talk with his people? did he go to the press and say that he would take that offer? did he contact Hearn? did he check his Instagram?

Comment

Working...
                      X