No announcement yet.

Analysing all GGG's world titles

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
    Reaping what they sowed huh? Yeah, I guess I can see what you mean, even though that was never my game.

For sure they ain't the only ones who do that that though. Whole fkn silly mery-go-round if you ask me.
    you arent wrong...but they were particularly insufferable...still are some of them

Comment

Real good fighter who didn't really catch the breaks until too late. Damn shame really.:
      is being handed 2 titles for not throwing a punch really a bad break?

how many fighters received that boost that you can think of this century?

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
        you arent wrong...but they were particularly insufferable...still are some of them
        Well, no doubt, but the guys on the other side are just the same I reckon. S'all about perception, man, we just tend to notice opinions that fly in the face of our own a great deal more than those in accord with 'em even when they're expressed in the exact same language. Just the way we're wired.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post

We really gonna go this path again, man? You know the titles he was gifted were a piss poor consolation prize for the real fights he was trying to get. In that context, yeah, a pretty bad damn break, though admittedly not quite as bad as just being kicked in the nuts and told to come back in a year or two.

Comment

Real good fighter who didn't really catch the breaks until too late. Damn shame really. I would have liked to have seen what Golovkin could have achieved if he'd been picked up by GBP or TR stright out of the gate at 24 years old and fast tracked like a Lomachenko or Usyk. Ah, well. Ain't losing sleep.

I would have liked to have seen what Golovkin could have achieved if he'd taken the fights he avoided

he slow-tracked himself with his poor opponent selection

Just puzzles me why so many folk still doing their best to smear his name when he's now basically on the verge of retirement. Only real reason I could see would be to try and crap on Canelo's best win, but I'm seeing Canelo fans doing it perhaps more than anyone, so I can't really figure it.

if Golovkin was anything close to what you guys thought, we would not be discussing this

I remember exactly what you guys said before those fights happened

Canelo was shaking in his boots, because he knew that Golovkin would KHTFO... and NOBODY gave Canelo a snowballs chance in hell of winning

all fans are realizing is, Golovkin was not as good as advertised

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
              i agree with the first part....

but youve got to admit...golovkin "fans" cant admit he lost....they are in denial and make excuses...which is why they get the crap they get.....do remember how they were running around calling canelo a chicken and all that for a couple of years and saying that golovkin would end his career by savagely ko'ing him.....after the first fight they said the same thing would happen if canelo had the balls to stand with golovkin....and he did...and golovkin asked for it too...then they still whined and made excuses....they are still in denial.....theyve earned their repuatiation for being cry babies who can never admit fault in their "god'...

good post man I just said the exact same thing

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post

the fans issued his lifetime free pass very early in Golovkin's career

Canelo would have been savaged for all those lies and back-tracking

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  I would have liked to have seen what Golovkin could have achieved if he'd taken the fights he avoided

he slow-tracked himself with his poor opponent selection

if Golovkin was anything close to what you guys thought, we would not be discussing this

I remember exactly what you guys said before those fights happened

Canelo was shaking in his boots, because he knew that Golovkin would KHTFO... and NOBODY gave Canelo a snowballs chance in hell of winning

all fans are realizing is, Golovkin was not as good as advertised
                  Well I ain't sure who 'you guys' is, cos I only speak for myself, but for sure Canelo's better than I gave him credit for, and I already thought he was pretty damn good. And I think you'll be struggling to find anywhere where I said Canelo would be shaking in his boots, so maybe you can save that ish for someone who's into that kinda banter.

As to Golovkin not being as good as 'advertised', well I dunno - does your aftershave actually have naked chicks throwing themselves at your feet?

If you mean people overestimated how good he was then I'm sure some did. Some - like me of course - probably got it about right. Others underestimated him too I reckon, but the sad truth is we'll never know for sure how good he could have been cos we never saw him in the fights that would really test him till he was already past his best. Whether there were fights he avoided that you'd have expected other fighters in the same circumstances to take is of course a matter of your personal opinion. Far as I'm aware they're ain't an agreed set of rules for judging these kinds of things.

What we can say is that he ran the new P4P wunderkind about as close as you can, even past his best so even if he ain't some ATG he ain't that shabby either.

To be honest whilst GGG will probably remain one of my favourite fighters it will always be the up and comers with everything in front of them that I get the most pleasure from following, rather than guys who already got one foot out the door, so I ain't really terribly bothered any more.
                  Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-19-2020, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    the fans issued his lifetime free pass very early in Golovkin's career

Canelo would have been savaged for all those lies and back-tracking
                    sure,i have no problem with the claim that GGG is proven world tite class, after all he took titles, one vacant one very precariously mind you and against a 14 fight man.

if you can win a title you are proven title class, solid world level.

but elite? atg? no, because the other thousand people who make 2 defences and then cant hold onto their title after that are not elite or atg either.

Comment

What we can say is that he ran the new P4P wunderkind about as close as you can, even past his best so even if he ain't some ATG he ain't that shabby either.

T
                      but is it not your theory that four other boxers ran the p4p wonderkid as close as too? So are they nearly ATGs too? ANgulo and co.

Comment

Working...
                      X